Windows 7 on IX260+ gobook3

Post all general Itronix GoBook related things here.
ADOR

Windows 7 on IX260+ gobook3

#1 Post by ADOR »

My son decided he wanted windows 7 on his gobook 3 so we took a stab at it. Up loaded dell restore disk for windows 7 pro. It loaded up fine and touch works but is not calibrated yet. I had to download the generic 2200gb intel wireless driver and Itronix sound driver to get all of that working. We had a little trouble on the ATI 9000 mobility driver and windows 7. The standard driver and the omega driver didn't want to work right. When we did get them loaded and running it had full screen resolution but didn't have any 3d hardware acceleration. ATI control panel has tons of problems with windows 7 compatibility. I fully un-installed all video drivers we installed. Doing some googling I found that not all ATI 9000 mobility drivers will work right, but ATI driver for a Toshiba a75-s211 straight from Toshiba's web site will work. You can't run the exe or it won't work right. You have to use 7 zip to extract the files to a folder. In that folder will be another folder called drivers. I then manually installed though device manager to get it to work. You have to do the force install. After installing that videos played fine, HALO played fine on high, even better than windows XP did before. I have one un-installed in device manager and that is the modem, not in a big rush to fix that one at the moment. Hope in a few days to have the calibration worked out.

His system
1.8 Pentium M
ATI 9000 64 MB
1.5GB Ram
60 GB hard drive
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “General Dynamics Itronix Talk”