GoBook lll 260+

Post all general Itronix GoBook related things here.
mnementh

Re: GoBook lll 260+

#101 Post by mnementh »

It's up & running; I've got all my drivers installed after a brief sojourn into BSOD territory after installing the TS driver. After several rounds of "Safe Mode, uninstall TS, try something else again, try TS again, BSOD, REPEAT" (frantically hoping it WASN'T SP3 that broke it) I discovered that the TS driver is dependent upon the Synaptics TouchPad driver. I was using the default driver because it worked perfectly from first boot; but as soon as I installed that, I was able to get the TS to install AND calibrate without issue.

After that, I got WiFi drivers for the 2200BG card from the Intel website and all my diag software; even picked up VisualGPS so I could verify NMEA data coming from the GPS. Actually, I verified data coming from the GPS with HyperTerm, but I was hoping for satellite lock. After 10 minutes or so and no joy, I decided to wait til I had it back together and could take it outside for another round of testing.

Right now it's doing a Battery Calibration; we'll see what it sez in when I get up.

mnem
*Toddles off to bed*
CF-29Mk5 Pentium M 1.6Ghz/1.5GB/160GB/TouchScreen/Backlit KB
Thanks Rick, Alex, Rob, Doobi, Silver Trooper, Teo, Azrial, rusty503, cap'n, sadlmkr, Driller, TopCop, Blair, Ken & EVERYBODY else in the ToughBook Forums!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Now "Liberated" and Fighting Evil in the wilds of Texico: CF-28Mk3 768MB/30GB Touch w/internal WiFi & antenna hack, internal USB2.0/Bluetooth hack Currently flogging Dell 1330XPS & HP TC1100 Tablet PC

Say a prayer for my geeky Dwagon ar$e!

ADOR

Re: GoBook lll 260+

#102 Post by ADOR »

Grab them quick they are back the gobook2 and 3 from the same one for the parts price.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “General Dynamics Itronix Talk”