Install and boot problems

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Shawn

Re: Install and boot problems

#11 Post by Shawn »

Low level format would not touch any of the drives..
I even tried a new pcb...
They were locked and totally unusable.
Life will beat you into submission.

LarsL

#12 Post by LarsL »

As I understand, the secure boot is applicable to Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. Why, it at the same time, would not be possible to install 8 or 8.1 puzzels me, since it´s says 8.1 on the label under the computer.

However, a boot disk made with Windows 7 should work. I will try.

A low level format of the disk doesn’t affect the boot order or the computer’s ability to boot on the disk. A bios locked, is a locked bios if it can’t unlock it, brute force it or flash it.

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

I could make you a windows 7 hard drive in my mk6. Mk6 and mk7 are almost identical anyway.
I would use the factory mk6 recovery dvd set.

Shawn

#14 Post by Shawn »

I could make you a windows 7 hard drive in my mk6. Mk6 and mk7 are almost identical anyway.
I would use the factory mk6 recovery dvd set.

Shawn

#15 Post by Shawn »

I am guessing here.
But I wonder if switching hard drives with different OS's confused the bios or somehow accidentally thru a software bug triggered it to set encryption to ON.

I say this because on that 31 of mine, which as I recall was a mk2 I was messing arround with a bios password and several different OS's.

I bought several from the same seller and that one was the only to eat drives and have encryption on. They all had bios passwords.

Another thing is you were messing with win 10. It works with and will change things with booting thru UEFI. If somehow when you corrupted win 10, win 10 reset your bios to encryption on.
So until you turn encryption off in bios, the only drives it will accept are encrypted ones..

Make sense?

LarsL

#16 Post by LarsL »

Hi Shawn

The disk was encrypted before I tried to swap the OS. Suspect that it was after I uninstalled some old programs and other things. In addition to that, used CCcleaner to clean up and correct errors in the registry. It was after that, when try to log in the computer it did a crash dump and after that was encrypted.

I still can boot on the original HDD, but when trying to log on to windows, it crashes after a while and after that tells me to enter the 48 digit code.

Most grateful and appreciate your offer heling, but perhaps to do it easier for both of us, if you instead would send the recover image via FTP?

Shawn

#17 Post by Shawn »

It's way too large to upload.

Karl Klammer

#18 Post by Karl Klammer »

Shawn

#19 Post by Shawn »

I read an article that said the infected version was never actually released. I dunno.

LarsL

#20 Post by LarsL »

Shawn wrote:It's way too large to upload.
OK, I will try to do a bootable W7 image disk, but will come back if it doesn’t work. :)

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”