CF-19 Model number + Question

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
natescott90

CF-19 Model number + Question

#1 Post by natescott90 »

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here, been busy with work. I found a 19 that I'd like to add to my collection, but the model number is slightly odd. The full model number is CF-19QJREX2M, in the configurator I can find everything but what the Q stands for. Don't know what Mark it is either.

For the question, I am getting some signs of life out of my MK1 19 touchscreen. It seemed dead for a while, but if I press on the screen, the cursor will instantly move to the upper left corner, no matter where I press. Windows 7 will let me install the driver for the touchscreen but calibration doesn't exactly work, since the cursor only goes to the upper left. So is the touchscreen still dead or can it be saved?
:newbie:

FZ-G1ASK4CCM-W10 Pro 64bit, 256GBSSD, 8GB RAM, GPS, Sierra Wireless MC7700. New addition to my collection, using it for navigation and vehicle diagnostics.

CF-29NTQGZBM-PM 1.6, 1.5GB, 80GB IDE, WXP Pro-Running legacy stuff, rescued from a local pawn shop.

CF-19KHRAX2M-Modified with a Gobi 2000 module for vague GPS and basic WWAN.

SHEEPMAN!

Re: CF-19 Model number + Question

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

FIRST what is the bios and ec? If it is a XP bios it needs to be switched to Vista and I can't find the XP > Vista file anymore.

Try .....this is off the top of my head....:
Tap windows key
type calib...... and look for calibration pop-up
click reset (clears numbers from the registry)
re-boot twice without touching the screen
tap windows key
calibrat...
run calibration utility
save exit reboot.

If that QJRetc has a special bios (LIKE 4.0 M-14)don't touch it. Play on words not intended. You want to see a "picture" of the bios screen. Special bios machines are nigh impossible to work with. Features could be permanently disabled for some vendor. The number already scares me.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

It's a mk2..(edit) I had a brain fart..IT's a mk 3
Air Force only model
Last edited by Shawn on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life will beat you into submission.

natescott90

#4 Post by natescott90 »

Sadlmkr wrote:FIRST what is the bios and ec? If it is a XP bios it needs to be switched to Vista and I can't find the XP > Vista file anymore.

Try .....this is off the top of my head....:
Tap windows key
type calib...... and look for calibration pop-up
click reset (clears numbers from the registry)
re-boot twice without touching the screen
tap windows key
calibrat...
run calibration utility
save exit reboot.

If that QJRetc has a special bios (LIKE 4.0 M-14)don't touch it. Play on words not intended. You want to see a "picture" of the bios screen. Special bios machines are nigh impossible to work with. Features could be permanently disabled for some vendor. The number already scares me.

The BIOS is V1.00L16, the EC is V1.00L11. I'll head over to Panny's website to see if there's any updates.

As far as the possible addition, is there anything special about air force models? Like will it try to fly off if I take it apart? :confused:

FZ-G1ASK4CCM-W10 Pro 64bit, 256GBSSD, 8GB RAM, GPS, Sierra Wireless MC7700. New addition to my collection, using it for navigation and vehicle diagnostics.

CF-29NTQGZBM-PM 1.6, 1.5GB, 80GB IDE, WXP Pro-Running legacy stuff, rescued from a local pawn shop.

SHEEPMAN!

#5 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

USB possibly disabled, bluetooth and pc possibly disabled along with WWAN.

If the USB is disabled there is no hook-up for DVD. (just a for instance) Do you have a picture or link? (I'll google the model #) Oh, there's Shawn.

Hey Shawn, Haven't we played with the Air Force before? I have a bad feeling about this number...where did that come from :D Or was it the Navy...or both. I remember Nissan.

natescott90

#6 Post by natescott90 »

I might just stay away from it, especially after getting a reply from the seller. He said the bios is locked with a password :damnit:

SHEEPMAN!

#7 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Run away as fast as you can......NO NO way without a mobo swap...which equals time searching for, finding and possibly getting a locked board anyway. I used to work for a living and time is money.

Simple....(I rarely use that word) If it is locked, especially with an odd (in my mind) model number, how do you see if it is a special bios or not?

Some 19R's o.k. Some are not.

Most K are fine.

EVERYBODY!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN NOT GET A PICTURE OF THE BIOS...DO NOT BUY! MEANS BIOS IS most certainly LOCKED.

natescott Sorry to use your thread to try to send a message.

Thanks,

Jeff...been there, done that!

natescott90

#8 Post by natescott90 »

Don't worry about the hijack, that is an important tip to share for sure. I might just look for a 30, I'd love a 31 but sadly they are still a bit out of my current price range :reallysad:

Shawn

#9 Post by Shawn »

Pm me your price range. Possibly we can work something out on a 31. I ended up with several.

Shawn

#10 Post by Shawn »

If I recall, Air Force ones are not as bad as Navy ones. Been a rash of ex military 31's with a MESS of locktite on EVERY screw. Not pleasant at all.
Locked BIOS//Custom BIOS almost always means features disabled.
Seems that the military 31's have a different fan control profile in BIOS.

Only way I know of to find a BIOS version of a locked BIOS is with an OS of some kind.
MSDOS and a flash utility with a version switch.
Windows and the PC Information viewer program
I am sure Linux has something.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”