Emissive keyboard repair

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Shackwrrr

Emissive keyboard repair

#1 Post by Shackwrrr »

Got a cheap emissive keyboard off ebay and everything works great except that the right side of the space bar is a little mushy and doesn't always register a space. I was wondering if anyone had removed a key before to repair the sliders/domes under the keys. It feels like the stabilizer is just weak on the right side.
CF-191DYC51M
Windows 10

kode-niner

Re: Emissive keyboard repair

#2 Post by kode-niner »

Shackwrrr wrote:Got a cheap emissive keyboard off ebay and everything works great except that the right side of the space bar is a little mushy and doesn't always register a space. I was wondering if anyone had removed a key before to repair the sliders/domes under the keys. It feels like the stabilizer is just weak on the right side.
I've totally destroyed a CF-29 keyboard attempting to repair a spacebar. Not my proudest moment.
Daily drives a CF-31

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

They are, shall we say, challenging to work on.
Life will beat you into submission.

Shackwrrr

#4 Post by Shackwrrr »

Thanks for the words of wisdom, It seems it either got better or I tuned my muscle memory to hit the space harder. I use a clicky mechanical keyboard at my desktop, and a lenovo at work so switching back and forth is quite the test of coordination.
CF-191DYC51M
Windows 10

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”