CF-19RDRCXDE

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
mamapapashin

CF-19RDRCXDE

#1 Post by mamapapashin »

Hi, just got a mk4 CF-19RDRCXDX.
I'm trying to get the bios to show WWAN, at the moment WWAN does not show in bios.
I have installed a Sierra Wireless card.
I downloaded SPGOBI2K unlocker from a link on this site. I read the 'read me' file and tried to follow its instructions. I created a bootable usb flash drive by doing the following,(I should say that I have never done anything like this before and I am a 'beginner' at things like this). I have a windows7 system, I used cmd.exe to 'clean' a usb flash drive, I did the 'create partition primary' cmd, and 'select partition 1', then I did 'format fs=ntfs' this formatted the flash drive, I then did 'assign' and the system called it disk E. I then copied the SPGOBI2K files to the flash drive. I booted from flash drive and ran the program, I entered 'e' to enable WWAN in bios but nothing happened. Does anyone know what I have done wrong? I think I have not used SPGOBI2K correctly.
Thanks
Stephen

Shawn

Re: CF-19RDRCXDE

#2 Post by Shawn »

Is the WWAN card from a Panasonic?
Other brands are very difficult to get working, IF they work at all.

In BIOS, look for "Optional kit configuration" click on it and type in toughkit as a password.
try 04 as the number for the card.
save and reboot.
Don't worry about the spgobi2k file.
Life will beat you into submission.

mamapapashin

#3 Post by mamapapashin »

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
The WWAN card was from an ebay seller in China that said it was an unlocked card and that it was specifically for CF-19. My bios does not have "Optional kit configuration".
I made a mistake in my last post, I did not boot spgobi2K from my flash stick. I copied spgobi2K to flash stick but it does not boot. I dont understand the instruction "boot the computer through the external media in DOS mode" that was in the 'read me' file of spgobi2K.
Regards.

monkey1911

#4 Post by monkey1911 »

mamapapashin wrote:Hi, and thanks for your reply.
The WWAN card was from an ebay seller in China that said it was an unlocked card and that it was specifically for CF-19. My bios does not have "Optional kit configuration".
I made a mistake in my last post, I did not boot spgobi2K from my flash stick. I copied spgobi2K to flash stick but it does not boot. I dont understand the instruction "boot the computer through the external media in DOS mode" that was in the 'read me' file of spgobi2K.
Regards.
You need to make a DOS boot disk and then copy the SPGOBI files on to it.
Toughbook CF-19 Mk4
Toughbook CF-53 Mk4
Getac V110 G1
Thinkpad X1 Tablet
MacBook Pro 13

Shawn

#5 Post by Shawn »

Most of those cards from China are not Panasonic cards. They seem to usually be Fujitsu.
Life will beat you into submission.

kode-niner

#6 Post by kode-niner »

What model Sierra is this exactly?
Daily drives a CF-31

mamapapashin

#7 Post by mamapapashin »

Here are 2 photos of the card off of ebay from China.

OK. I have made good progress. To make a long story short. I tracked down a program called 'Rufus', with this i eventually created a bootable usb 'stick', I then copied the spgobi2k files to it. I changed the boot order in bios and booted from the 'stick'. The program was very easy to use, I just entered 'e' for enable WWAN. The program did a few 'things' by itself, then told me that wwan had been activated. When I restarted the CF19, Windows automatically updated 'gobi drivers', I looked in 'device manager' and 'sierra wireless gobi 2000' is now listed. wwan is now shown in bios too. So looks like everything is 'there' now. I'll have to see how to 'work-it' now. But I'm very pleased with results so far.
Regards
Stephen
Attachments
P1050090.JPG
P1050090.JPG (99.23 KiB) Viewed 9742 times
P1050089.JPG
P1050089.JPG (99.36 KiB) Viewed 9742 times
Last edited by mamapapashin on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mamapapashin

#8 Post by mamapapashin »

Oh, I should add that the seller in China gave me a link to download the drivers from. My system came up with a 'Warning don't go there' msg but I went there anyway. Now I've just got to work out how to set it up and use it.

mamapapashin

#9 Post by mamapapashin »

OK, An update.
Just to recap. bios is WLAN enabled and device manager shows sierra wireless gobi 2000.
BUT when I install a sim card in the 'slot' nothing happens, nothing new appears in the list of 'connections available'. So looks like my cf19 is not seeing the sim. Does anyone know where the problem could be?
Regards
Stephen

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”