CF-19 MK2 Windows 7 Front Buttons - solved

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
dryster

CF-19 MK2 Windows 7 Front Buttons - solved

#1 Post by dryster »

Looks like I solved the issue and it was quite simple and I am sure its explained somewhere on the web although many people appear to have this problem and it looks like I just missed out on one step.

CF-19 "F" MK2
Windows 7 Home Premium

I followed the recommended driver installation order and all asterix on the control panel hardware drivers were gone, but the three front buttons did not function. I recalled that the last couple of "unknown devices" in the deck I had directed the device manager driver upgrades to the appropriate unpack directories (ie, c:\util2\drivers\meitbtn) and that had enabled the device. Yet after a reboot the other three front buttons (keyboard, enter, rotate) did not work.

Today I was looking in that meitbtn directory and I noticed a couple of files that specifically target registry elements.

MeiTBSet_STANDARD.reg and a batch file, standard.bat

I ran the batch file which does 2 things, it copies meitbrc.dll to C:\Windows\System32 and runs the .reg file to add elements to the registry.

All the front buttons now work.

If I look on the recommended installation order command line column it alludes to this step that I missed but calls it "standard_19.bat" but the clues were all there I just missed them.

Hope that helps anyone who needs it.
Last edited by dryster on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
CF-30C with standard keyboard and Windows XP.
CF-30K x 2, both running Windows 7.
CF-19F. Windows 7.
It's difficult not to collect these things.

Shawn

Re: CF-19 MK2 Windows 7 Front Buttons - solved

#2 Post by Shawn »

Sticky this ?
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”