recovery disc and partition hard drive

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
poxy

recovery disc and partition hard drive

#1 Post by poxy »

Hi Everyone,
first things sorry for my bad english. Second this is my case : I order from panasonic the recovery disc for my cf-19. I tried to installed and follow step by step but even when the installation start the disc never gave me the option to partition my hard drive. I'm not a fan to proceed by the installation of windows and partition after I would like to partition my hard drive first. Important information : when I tried to installed my hard drive I already have partition on it. So if anybody know's if it's possible to do that or not, I already tried on another cf-19 and cf-18 with the respective recovery disc and it's works. I can't beleive is not possible to that with my recovery disc? might be ?

Thanks Nick
disc number cf-19f11 series dfqm8377ma win 7 mk2 xp mui
laptop number cf-19fllc4am

Shawn

Re: recovery disc and partition hard drive

#2 Post by Shawn »

The later recovery disks partition the drive themselves.
They first erase the drive. They also create a hidden recovery partition that allows you to restore the drive from an option in the BIOS without using the DVD again.

You will need to start with a drive that is blank or ok to erase the data on it. Then run the recovery. When the recovery is done, adjust the partition sizes to your needs. Finally copy your data back.
Easeus has a free version that works great to repartition drives without losing data.
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”