Windows 10 on CF-19 mk5 (success)

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Shawn

Re: Windows 10 on CF-19 mk5 (success)

#11 Post by Shawn »

Go to device manager and get into the power management page for the wifi. Ther is a couple settings in there you can disable. Also look at the power options in the control panel. Advanced settings.
I had a Win7 box or two that had wifi issues with sleep. I set it so that windows never turns off wifi.
Life will beat you into submission.

canuckcam

#12 Post by canuckcam »

As far as I'm aware, there's no auto-rotation like on phones when you turn into tablet mode, I've always used the button!

kode-niner

#13 Post by kode-niner »

canuckcam wrote:As far as I'm aware, there's no auto-rotation like on phones when you turn into tablet mode, I've always used the button!
Gyroscope sensor mod, anyone? :D
Daily drives a CF-31

benspray

#14 Post by benspray »

canuckcam wrote:As far as I'm aware, there's no auto-rotation like on phones when you turn into tablet mode, I've always used the button!
I thought that but with a fresh install of Windows 7 from the factory image the auto rotation did work, its not like a phone though where it senses which way up it is, it just switches to a set rotation depending on if its in tablet or laptop mode
CF-19AMNL7PA

canuckcam

#15 Post by canuckcam »

Did a clean install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update on a new SSD, so I updated the original post.

Shackwrrr

#16 Post by Shackwrrr »

This is the solution to your GPS issue. Windows 10 has adopted the "phone style" gps where the OS uses a sensor API to standardize sensor data. GPSdirect acts as an in between, polling the com port for location, speed, direction, etc, and relaying the info to the windows sensor API. Its a driver so there is no additional software running in the background. I installed it on my MK6 and now all location based software works great. The windows 10 integrated Bing maps picks up my location and speed allowing me to use it as navigation. I was even able to use browser based maps and get a fine location pinpoint. The "location" tile in the notification pane works as designed and turns gps on and off like a phone.
http://www.turboirc.com/gps7/
CF-191DYC51M
Windows 10

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”