Screen replacements

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
BrianTN

Screen replacements

#1 Post by BrianTN »

Hi, I broke the screen on my CF19 (CF-19CHB83BM) and am looking for a replacement. I searched but couldn't find a definite answer. I'm probably overlooking it though. The image on the display is fine, but the glass portion has shattered. The screen protector has kept any loose pieces behind it. Is there an economical replacement? Are the ones on eBay okay? Is it easy to change? Can I replace it with a brighter screen? Are there any guides written for this? Thanks

Shawn

Re: Screen replacements

#2 Post by Shawn »

Easy depends on your skill level.
Brighter is possible but it requires quite a bit of skill to convert the backlight from CCFL to LED..
CF-19C...the C indicates a mk1...Short story is a mk1 and mk2 touchscreen models are a direct fit to swap entire top half.

C... means core duo 2400 1.06ghz centrino 802.11
H...means 10.4" touchscreen, no digitizer
B...means 80gb HDD, 512mb ram, dual ant connectors
8...means Bluetooth and HDD lock
3...means Sprint WWAN..
B...means XP sp2
M...means North America

This is what you need for an "easy" job..LCD and touchscreen panel..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-19-MK-1-LCD- ... 3f501d2ac7...

Another option is that for a little more money I have a CF19 mk3 that has the LED backlight which is twice as bright as your mk1....
It's a touchscreen like yours...I will make you a good deal on it as a bare bones unit that you swap your battery, hard drive/caddy, and port covers/doors into. This mk3 is a core2 duo which is considerably faster.
Send me a PM if you are interested..
Life will beat you into submission.

SHEEPMAN!

Re: Screen replacements

#3 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

My favorite is to replace the Touch Panel. You will like it especially for the MK1. Bright and clear.

Assuming the lcd was not injured. :)

1. Digital Camera
2. Correct screwdriver
3. Kapton Tape
4. something to contain the screws. Like a coffee can lid.
5. Two screws on the front and back do not need to be removed.
6. Watch for pads along edge of LCD. 4 I think. Part lexan part rubber. Little guys.
7. To separate the lid remove hinge cover and black pieces.
8. Take a picture.
9. Carefully open latch on TSPCB.
10. Roll lcd out of the way.
11. I try to separate the touch panel from the adhesive ....using a stainless pointy leather working tool.
12. Now put new panel in place turn this page over reading the steps backwards and re-install.

TAPE THE LATCH SHUT ON THE TSPCB. <<<<<<<<<<<<< WEAK POINT.

If the FPC was twisted before (check your picture) you want to match it. (flexible printed circuit)

I rarely use easy in my posts...but this is easy enough the third time you do it. You will like the bright screen.

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”