Dual RF and changing configuration

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
wyrm73

Dual RF and changing configuration

#1 Post by wyrm73 »

CF19 config.JPG
CF19 config.JPG (20.53 KiB) Viewed 6217 times
I added GPS to this machine using Panasonic original parts and then tried to switch the 2nd RF pass-though in BIOS to GPS once I already had it reassembled. No such luck- not an option on the Mk3. I looked on Toughwiki and I see the wireless options digit has specific configuration choices for WWAN cards and also the 2nd RF as GPS pass-though. The question is whether this requires different hardware (i.e. pass-through board) or can I simply reconfigure mine to GPS? I did look at the pass-through board while I had it open to make sure that the GPS antenna was connected, since it was not factory equipped. I THINK the GPS is already connected to the board if I traced the antennas correctly and I also saw that there were unused connectors on the board. I am hoping I just need to swap the connectors around to change the output. Before I crack the case again to experiment, I was hoping someone had already done this and could confirm.

Shawn

Re: Dual RF and changing configuration

#2 Post by Shawn »

Well to try and simplify it. The rear pass through is a connector and a switch. It connects the input from the stock antenna to the output going to the GPS unit. (or whatever you wire it to). If you dock the unit, it switches to disconnect the internal GPS antenna and connects to the GPS antenna on the dock..

The only issue I ever had was that the stock GPS antenna is too short to reach to the pass through connector. You need to use a jumper board. Either the original one in the CF19 or one from another laptop.

Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”