CF-19 MK4 wireless card

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
oceanboy777

CF-19 MK4 wireless card

#1 Post by oceanboy777 »

hello

I wouldn't be here had I not spent hours trying to figure this out before had. So thanks in advance for any input because I'm at a dead end

I have a CF-19 model number CF-19VJRFX2M with an i5 and Windows 7 which I installed. All the drivers are installed and there are no errors in the device manager. After not seeing any wireless icon I decided to take off the bottom cover and behold no wireless card. So, I ordered a wireless card off eBay. MYBAD When I went to install it, I felt like it was to long and a shorter card should be installed. The reason is there are two supports about half way to the end of were the card would end and I see no reason for them to be "under" the card touching it at the half way mark

So, I then looked for a model number of the proper card and couldn't find one

New question: What leads connect to the card should I find the proper one. I attached a picture for your viewing.

Thanks!!!!

PICTURE The straight down arrow is pointing to where the wireless card goes and one of the mounts I believe are for that card. The other arrow is pointing-to the closest wireless cables that could potentially connect to a proper card. Do I just remove them from their mount and attached to the card?
Attachments
CF-19%20wireless.jpg
CF-19%20wireless.jpg (192.24 KiB) Viewed 8688 times
Last edited by toughasnails on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduce picture size

teo

Re: CF-19 MK4 wireless card

#2 Post by teo »

You need a half mini pci e card 6200. That's the card for that model. You also need a jumper wire for the module but you can install the wireless antenna cable directly to the card without going thru the passthru connector. Also that model has no Bluetooth module. You can also purchased those on ebay but make sure the metal bracket is included. The module from CF-19mk3 will be fine even on MK2

For your info that model is a federal issue that's why no wireless system but you have an oem gps builtin. I believed. you've purchased that fro "buckyssurplusllc" I have one also with the same model. I only installed temporarily half mini pci e card 512AN card and it works fine.

Pls. reduce the picture into 1024 X 768

Also one important piece of advice. Take that battery out of the unit and AC if its plugin. You don't know what gonna happen, do you?

teo

teo

#3 Post by teo »

Ok! for wireless cable connection. Those cable with a white color must go to or plug it on to the Aux.(mark no.2 on the wireless card) terminal of the wireless card. Of course you must unplug it from the passthru connector( the gold plated one). Then here comes the jumper cable around 6 inches long with both u.fl connector at both end. Now! plugin the the other end into the passthru connector, then loop it around into those cable holder then plugin the other end into the main connector of the wireless card usually it mark no.1 and no.2 is the auxi.

Ok! here for you to easy understand of what I am talking about, see picture

teo
Attachments
CF-19%2520wireless  teo.jpg
CF-19%2520wireless teo.jpg (166.69 KiB) Viewed 8688 times
Last edited by toughasnails on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduce picture size

oceanboy777

#4 Post by oceanboy777 »

THANK YOU for all the answers even though a little confusing about the jumper cable. I'd like to install this card properly so where do I get that cable

Also Ive attached a picture of a wireless card I have and would like to know if it will work.

Also, I didn't understand the comment about the battery, Please explain

THANKS!
Attachments
Mini%20wireless%20card.jpg
Mini%20wireless%20card.jpg (111.75 KiB) Viewed 8685 times
Last edited by toughasnails on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: resize picture

Shawn

#5 Post by Shawn »

Anytime you work on a laptop, remove the battery and unplug the laptop.

That card might work....Do you already have it? If you do, then try it and see what happens..
Life will beat you into submission.

oceanboy777

#6 Post by oceanboy777 »

I always take the battery out and unplug. That was just for the picture

I do have the card so I'll install it and see what happens

THANKS

oceanboy777

#7 Post by oceanboy777 »

OK...I installed it without a jumper and it works fine. It picks up as many access points as any laptop I've had sitting in the same location. So this begs the question, do I need the jumper cable

teo

#8 Post by teo »

Its up to you. As I've mentioned on my first post on this thread that you can hook it up the antenna wire directly to the card.

Ok! I will explain why it need a jumper wire and its purpose. It is standard installation on the first place. Why! coz those passthru connector has an ability to use an external antenna like on your car or whatever as long as you have a docking station that mate those antenna connector.

teo

oceanboy777

#9 Post by oceanboy777 »

Hi

Thank you for the explanation. Is there someplace I can see the diagram for installing a jumper and where do I purchase this jumper cable?

Thanks!!!

Shawn

#10 Post by Shawn »

oceanboy777 wrote:Hi

Thank you for the explanation. Is there someplace I can see the diagram for installing a jumper and where do I purchase this jumper cable?

Thanks!!!

I may have one I can mail you.

Send me a PM
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”