MK1 and adding a Gobi1000

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
mobilemedic01

MK1 and adding a Gobi1000

#1 Post by mobilemedic01 »

*** Skip to Page 2 to see How I made this work :) and yes it works perfect. Quick Jump here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2212&start=10#p17811*****

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161421623433?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I purchased the above WWAN module mainly because it was cheap :) I live in Arizona where we have Cellular one HSPA+ network or Verizon. I get unlimited data on Cellular one so thats who I wouldn't mind to run on. I uncovered the Simcard slot on my MK1 (CF-19CHBAXBM) and see the place to mount my card and the 2 antennas that need to be unplugged from the board and moved to the card as well as the dip switch settings.

Did I buy the wrong gobi1000? and what drivers/software are needed to install this on Windows 7 32bit? is there a actual connection software that must be used or can you simply create a DUN connection?

I did some searching but I didn't see a definitive answer for a US user on a Non major carrier.

Appreciate anyones input.
Last edited by mobilemedic01 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shawn

Re: MK1 and adding a Gobi1000

#2 Post by Shawn »

The fact it's an HP card will complicate things. The card is locked to a HP.
Your best bet is to get one for a Panasonic...NOT any from China...
Life will beat you into submission.

mobilemedic01

#3 Post by mobilemedic01 »

i received the modem today. Nothing at all happens? even if its locked to an HP, Should it not still show up in the device manager? had me concerned..

Do the dip switchs have an effect it showing up in device manager?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

As far as I know, if it's not in a Hp it won't power on at all.

mobilemedic01

#5 Post by mobilemedic01 »

Pulled a completely retarded moment.. I tore apart another device i have that has a datacard of the same type and installed it and still got nothing. realized after thinking hard that i have to be missing something in the bios. I was.. WWAN was disabled.. oops.. enabled it.. found the card. so i put the one i got off ebay back in. it found it as an HP un2400 i believe it was and I installed the HP driver for that card.

Now ofcouse it is waiting for something to shove firmware into it and configure it. it created a Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader (com4) port and I have yet to find a software to interface it. ofcourse the Panasonic software is saying it doesn't see a gobi.

any ideas if there is anyway to get this active for GSM?

Thank You

mobilemedic01

#6 Post by mobilemedic01 »

I am one step closer. I found gobiloader app that kicked this thing in and now I have ports assigned for the modem.
I found that app here http://curiouslynerdy.com/2009/05/qualc ... windows-7/

Now I just need to figure out how to properly dial and set APN for my carrier and hopefully this may work :)

Shawn

#7 Post by Shawn »

Try any Hp WWAN software

mobilemedic01

#8 Post by mobilemedic01 »

none of the ones I found would work. I have found the way to make it work. Will have links up with how I did it soon. Going to uninstall everything and do it again to be sure I have all the right stuff! :)

mobilemedic01

#9 Post by mobilemedic01 »

what the heck.. So it was working GREAT! I rebooted.. pulled battery, and made sure the PC was dead dead and started over so I knew exactly any settings that would need to be done from cold boot.. WWAN is Missing from bios now! and so is my modem!

What the heck!?

mobilemedic01

#10 Post by mobilemedic01 »

Well that just sucks.. I got it to come back.. but what had to be done was put another card in, get WWan to come up in bios, then shut it off and reinstall, reboot and its back. im afraid to shut it off again! looks like there needs to be a bios hack to force WWAN to be enabled no matter what.

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”