CF-19 Mk2 Gobi 1000 problem *Solved*

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
RDClaes

CF-19 Mk2 Gobi 1000 problem *Solved*

#1 Post by RDClaes »

I'm not sure how to write this solution without it sounding overly simple (which it is) and making us look like idiots (which we were being)

We were trying to setup Gobi1000's in CF-19 Mk2 with Win XP Pro.

Image loaded fine, all drivers fine, but the CSA software would not load.

We had 2 techs stumped, Rob, my owner, and could not figure it out. I happen to run the Tech Department so it came to me to spend more time to figure out what was wrong or what we needed to do to move this job forward.

I'm not nearly as good at computer repair as Rob especially in the Toughbook field. I read through the instructions and found the error we were experiencing, "C:\Program File (x86)\Panasonic\CarrierSelectionApplication\selectcm.exe" not loading has been seen around before with no solid fixes.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/panason ... -help.html

I read the instructions from Panasonic

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/t ... Manual.pdf

And found that exact error listed in the troubleshooting section. What happens is when you install the Recovery disc image it installs the "Panasonic Common Components" that is up to date when that recovery disc was made. Turns out you need to go into the Add / Remove, find the Panasonic Common Components, uninstall it, and then install it from the CSA downloaded software. When you go into the directory you'll see a folder called "Extras" and inside of it is the Panasonic Common Components folder to install with.

A really easy fix, made easy to find by Panasonic, but apparently highly overlooked!

:swords:
-Claes

There can only be one!

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”