Asus Gobi 2000 Card Drivers

Post all questions and information about the CF-19 in here.
Banshee

Re: Asus Gobi 2000 Card Drivers

#21 Post by Banshee »

mklym wrote:I hope it works out for you. :)
Me too mate It's taken me forever to get round to sorting this out
CF-19K Mk3 (KHRAHPE) Core 2 Duo, 500GB S/ATA HDD, 4GB RAM, Waterproof Rubber Lit Keyboard
Upgrades Pending - SSD HDD, 8GB RAM Upgrade, GPS Upgrade Kit

CF-U1 Mk1 - Windscreen mounted with Freeview and GPS OS Maps

Banshee

#22 Post by Banshee »

Right then here goes

The Gobi2000 module arrived which I have fitted into the ToughBook and installed as per the drivers I was provided in this thread.

I'm not entirely sure that the module installed correctly as once the setup had completed the module doesn't display under the Network Adapters section like the Gobi1000 module does and the only trace of it I can find is under Ports as per the picture below, device manager also keep refreshing every 3-4 seconds as well when the setup has finished and doesn't stop doing this until the module has been removed.

I read the readme file in the folder with the driver and I have attempted to use some of the command line switches such as /WIN7DRIVER=1 and /GPS=1 however, this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can someone point me in the right direction, I feel like I'm getting somewhere but not fast lol

I'd also like to know what I'll have to use to establish a 3G connection and use the GPS feature as at the moment with the Gobi100 I'm using ToughConnect
CF-19K Mk3 (KHRAHPE) Core 2 Duo, 500GB S/ATA HDD, 4GB RAM, Waterproof Rubber Lit Keyboard

Banshee

#23 Post by Banshee »

Two little updates, I've been tinkering with it and still unable to get this installed and working

It's driving be crazy!!!!!

I've tried the Panasonic Carrier Selection Software and it didn't work, I just got the COM11 flash on, flash off, flash on, flash off game again

Also, the dip switches next to the Mini PCI-E slot, will they need changing for the GOBI2000 module as it is currently configured for WWAN1, there is WWAN2 and 3 as well

I eagerly await your replies :pat:

SHEEPMAN!

#24 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

When I used Fujitsu Gobis (CF-30,19, 52 even a CF-29 on the sled) I used Fujitsus installer. Quick and clean.
My advise is use the ASUS installer. (they have one???) First I would delete anything Gobi from the control panel. Then pull power and re-set by holding the switch on a few times. Drains the capacitors or something..:)
My install on a rev A sled I had to play with dip switches. 29 and 30.
IOW don't use the pana package. It reads the # on the card and throws you out or ignores you.
As I remember Fujitsu wanted to install with Gobi on. You will have four devices added to device manager.
I wonder if the Fujitsu installer would work for you?
I'll look some other stuff up when I find the dual boot 52.
Right click the Qualcomm gobi in device manager, go to properties, DETAILS tab and scroll down one to Hardware I.D. When I was sorting this mess I used the USB/PID? number to search for the Gobi Package that I used.
My idea is that number is the one the Pana package checks just before it quits you. I made this up....trial and error....I have no reference to look up for it. :) Good luck.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Banshee

#25 Post by Banshee »

Sadlmkr wrote:When I used Fujitsu Gobis (CF-30,19, 52 even a CF-29 on the sled) I used Fujitsus installer. Quick and clean.
My advise is use the ASUS installer. (they have one???) First I would delete anything Gobi from the control panel. Then pull power and re-set by holding the switch on a few times. Drains the capacitors or something..:)
My install on a rev A sled I had to play with dip switches. 29 and 30.
IOW don't use the pana package. It reads the # on the card and throws you out or ignores you.
As I remember Fujitsu wanted to install with Gobi on. You will have four devices added to device manager.
I wonder if the Fujitsu installer would work for you?
I'll look some other stuff up when I find the dual boot 52.
Right click the Qualcomm gobi in device manager, go to properties, DETAILS tab and scroll down one to Hardware I.D. When I was sorting this mess I used the USB/PID? number to search for the Gobi Package that I used.
My idea is that number is the one the Pana package checks just before it quits you. I made this up....trial and error....I have no reference to look up for it. :) Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, I've downloaded the Fujitsu Sierra Wireless driver package from their website and will be trying this shortly

Do you know what the 4 dip switches need to be set to for use with the Gobi2000 module?

Banshee

#26 Post by Banshee »

No good :mad:

Fujitsu package just installs the software and leaves the Qualcomm Gobi 2000 with a yellow ? in Device Manager

How can this be so hard, I though if I had the right card with the right SKU then it should be plug and play as I was under the impression that the Mk4 CF-19 came with the Gobi2000 as standard

:stupid:

mklym

#27 Post by mklym »

Here is a shot of my Device Manager in my CF-19MK4 with a GOBI2000 installed.

I used software from Panasonic Canada. There was the firmware, 72-VT647-23-Panasonic Gobi 1.1.260.zip and OneClickInternet_Sierra_20101028_v1.9.zip.

Is the SKU the same as the one I posted?

Check in the properties for the hardware ID.

Oh, gotto go. TTYL.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#28 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

I thought it was five instead of four. Two in com, one in modem....well here's a picture. :D

It's obvious that mklym has a Panasonic package.

I'll pull the sled and tell you dip switches after feeding the sheepies.
Attachments
cf30gobi.PNG
cf30gobi.PNG (30.15 KiB) Viewed 8832 times

Banshee

#29 Post by Banshee »

Appreciated guys :) I only get the one COM install and that's it :s

Nice one on the dip switch config :)

And yes its the correct SKU :)

SHEEPMAN!

#30 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

OK I see a difference. Yours shows 250E. Panasonic 250F. Fuj is 9001. What's that mean. Google time.

Scary drivers sites showed up....I never hardly ever use them. Prefer "official" sites.
Attachments
gobi3.PNG
gobi3.PNG (28 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
gobi2.PNG
gobi2.PNG (14.36 KiB) Viewed 8824 times

Return to “CF-19 Talk (Discontinued Model)”