This is ONLY PRELIMINARY, but, BUT I MAY have figured out the poor battery life on my CF-31.
Here are some of the steps I took:
1) I went into the Sprint View software and DISABLED the GPS on the GOBI 2000 card.
2) I went into the BIOS and ENABLED the OEM, built-in GPS that came with the machine (Similar to the CF-30 OEM GPS, which NEVER caused poor battery life on the CF-30) so that I have GPS ready to go
2) I also disabled the WWAN (Sprint) through the wireless switch utility.
3) WIFI is ENABLED and connected and I'm on the website now from my home.
4) From an initial standpoint I have 1hr 25 min battery life at 16% with screen brightness as one notch below full blast (500 nits).
I want to test this tomorrow while I'm at work with this EXACT setup as highlighted above with a full charge (31 cycles at this point) to see where we're at!
~Rob - checking out tonight, will check back in tomorrow