WIFI Driver Problem

Post all questions and information about the CF-31 in here.
luebke5530

WIFI Driver Problem

#1 Post by luebke5530 »

So I installed a new 500 GB hdd in my cf-31 and installed win7 from the recovery disk, and then my usual programs. No problems for the first few days. Then after I started using the desktop dock, I noticed that my wifi was not on even though I turned on the switch. I rebooted, left the wireless switch on and all was good. The next day, same thing. Powered it on and turned on the wifi switch. The wifi would not enable. I checked the wireless switch utility and WLAN was grayed out. In device manager, the intel adapter had an exclamation point and stated that the device could not start and to try updating the driver. I undocked the unit and same problems. I tried system restore and that did not work. Every time I booted with the wifi switch off, windows would not recognize the driver. If I booted with the wifi switch on, it would work just fine. I put the original hdd back in and I could not duplicate the problem. I them ran the diagnostic utility and all passed. Put the new hdd back in and downloaded the latest driver from panny and it seemed to fix the issue except that the intel my wifi app reported no intel wlan adapter found. I reinstalled the driver and now it all works!
even when docked.
I've only booted it up a few times since then and all seems to be working just fine.

Has anyone else had any similar issues or any ideas what might be going on?

-thanks!
-Steve

-1 CF-31ACNAA 1M-WIN 7 PRO, Intel Core i5 2.53 GHz w/ATI discrete graphics, 13.3" Touch XGA, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HYBRID HD, Intel 802.11a+b+g+n, TPM1.2, Bluetooth, GOBI 2k.
-2 CF-29NTQGZBM-Intel Pentium M 778 1.6GHzLv (Centrino),13.3" Touch XGA,1.5GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD,Intel 802.11a+b+g, WIN XP SP2, TPM1.2, CD +/-RW.
-1 CF-73XCVTSBM-Intel Pentium M-2.0GHz, 13.3" TOUCH, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB 5400 RPM HD, CD +/- RW DVD ROM, 56K/LAN, WIN XP PRO,
-1 CF-51JF2DCBM-Intel Pentium M 760 2.0GHz (Centrino), 15" UXGA, 2GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD, 128MB VRAM, 56K, 1Gb Ethernet, Intel 802.11a+b+g, Combo drive, WIN XP SP2, SmartCard.

Return to “CF-31 Talk (Discontinued Model)”