CF-C1 mk 2 questions

Post all questions and information about the CF-C1 in here.
Tim_Ettinger

CF-C1 mk 2 questions

#1 Post by Tim_Ettinger »

I just got a CF-C1 mk 2 which I will be giving as a gift to my son this Christmas. I installed Windows 10 on it with no problems, got most of the drivers from Panasonic and a CPU thermal driver from anther manufacturer. Here are the things I had questions on:

The CPU gets really hot in use. The case never gets hot, but CoreTemp shows me that it gets up in the mid 90's C on a regular basis when the CPU is in use. Is that normal, or should I take it apart and put some new AS5 on it?

Also, I have the sound drivers installed, but only hear sound from the right side. I haven't found a lot of literature for the internals of the laptop, but read a review that says the sound from the left side is loud. When in use, I find the sound to be very quiet, and I get nothing from the left sound channel and good, reasonable volume from the right channel when I test them using the sound tests available in Windows. Is there something I am missing here? I'm going to keep poking around to see what I can find before tearing down the notebook. It seems there is some double sided tape on the keyboard to mess with as well as the usual trouble with taking apart notebooks.
Last edited by Tim_Ettinger on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn

Re: CF-C1 mk 2 questions

#2 Post by Shawn »

Does the fan work?
Does it blow hot air?
Life will beat you into submission.

Tim_Ettinger

#3 Post by Tim_Ettinger »

The fan does work and blow hot air. I have another laptop with the same CPU, i5-2520m, but it doesn't get that hot. The only processor I have that approaches that temp is an x9100.

I know there once was a BIOS update for it, but I can't turn it up anywhere. I don't know if it was removed for reasons, or if it had any impact on heat.

Shawn

#4 Post by Shawn »

PM sent.
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “CF-C1 Talk (Discontinued Model)”