Panasonic CF F9 WLAN card type

Post all questions and information about the business rugged machines here.
hydrocynus

Panasonic CF F9 WLAN card type

#1 Post by hydrocynus »

Hello all,

I have been visiting this great forum countless times but I never had to ask a question. I have thus registered today. I own several toughbooks (rugged and semi rugged) as well as one getac and two itronix. I am a researcher in Ft Myers.

My question today relates to the Panasonic toughbook CF F9. I bought this laptop and the wifi card has been removed. Because the laptop is quite recent, I suppose that it is a PCIe and by looking at the website, it is an Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200 802.11/a/b/g/n. However, when I look for such a card, it is 1/2 height factor while the slot seems to accommodate a full height factor card.

So, can you guys tell me what is the card model that you have and if it is a full factor or not? I can indeed by an adapter. Let me know also if I am right and if the card is indeed a PCIe as many substitutions are likely available to me.

I suppose that the PC has his own bluetooth? Or is it tied to the Wlan card as (I guess) on my CF-W8?

Cheers to all and thanks for your help and tips.

Best.

Shawn

Re: Panasonic CF F9 WLAN card type

#2 Post by Shawn »

Please post full model number.
Life will beat you into submission.

hydrocynus

#3 Post by hydrocynus »

Hello, here are the refs of my toughbook CF-F9
CF-F9KWM021M

Thanks!

Serge

hydrocynus

#4 Post by hydrocynus »

OK. I feel stupid here but I do have the wifi card. The one that was removed was for the wireless connection 3G Gobi™2000 mobile broadband. I saw the SIM, MEID and IMEI on a sticker next to the slot. Sorry about this.

Return to “Let's Note and Business Rugged Talk”