~Toughbooktalk~ Rob - 630-300-8877

The largest Toughbook discussion site on the net!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm 

Well after over 7 years the Seagate Cheetah X15 Ultra SCSI 160 Boot Harddrive in my Desktop is dieing. Since I bought it used at a Hamest Flea market It had been in 4 PCs that I have built running pretty much 24/7. The latest being my AMD Black Label Quad-Core. I am pretty sure that it is about to go tits-up, they really do not make anything to last anymore... :rolleyes:

So I am torn, torn like an old sweater, do I replace it with another Ultra SCSI 160, or do I go to an SSD? If I go SSD, what about the interface, PATA, SATA or stick with my Ultra SCISI?

I really do not have a lot of spare cash to throw at this project. But as this will only be a boot drive could get by fine with 32GB and make due with 16GB. I have 3TB of SATA drives for data storage and they are only 2/3 full.

I am looking for speed and reliability!

CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003