Shifting Gears

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
ADOR

Shifting Gears

#1 Post by ADOR »

For years I have tried to get a proper title on my 55 Chevy. Went the full legal route in Louisiana several times. Police physical inspection, documented inspection. Police/DMV vin research nothing found. Even had a justice of the peace court order the Baton Rouge DMV denied. So I have decided to get rid of it. Pulling racing stuff and engine and trans, etc and just selling the hull. It's a 150 2 door sedan but it still has a lot of rust on it I have never fixed for obvious reasons.

Yesterday I picked up it's replacement. They were asking 500 OBO so I made a offer and brought home a 1999 Camaro with a blown v6 that was pulled and missing. Still have the 5 speed, but it's a weak 5 speed and a stock 350 would shred it on the first good pull.

Good paint, interior, 4 wheel disk brakes, even the windshield is good. Here are a few shots of it at the PO's house before we picked it up.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4374/361 ... bee6_z.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4418/357 ... a3fa_z.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4422/361 ... 52b9_z.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4359/357 ... cfe0_z.jpg

Got to finish up the engine pull and rebuild on the mini cooper first, but I hope to get started on it soon. Never had a toy with AC before, lmao.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

CWB

Re: Shifting Gears

#2 Post by CWB »

hmmm ...
when i was a kid , it was the sheriff that issued salvage or "lost" titles .
"you sure this aint stolen ..."
"yessir ... clean as a pin ..."
"alrighty then ..."
the dmv never rejected his paperwork .

if you had a homemade trailer it was the highway patrol that inspected and issued the ID numbers and paperwork .
i have watched them eyeball a trailer , ask the builder/owner for all three of his names and the initials were incorporated into the ID number .
the officer then opened a box of metal stamps and proceeded to emboss the serial number and date on the tongue of the trailer .
the cost for this service , from the early 60s through the mid 80s rose from 50 cents to 12 bucks .
the issued paper was golden ... never refused by the dmv .

have you tried the sheriff ?
how about going to a judge (not JP) and pleading your case and petitioning for the grant of a lost title/license ?
CF-30 mkI/TS/dvd/custom gps/wwan/wlan/BT/emmsive kb ---- CF-52 mkII/custom TS/dvd/wlan/BT/emmisive kb
CF-19 mkIV/TS/dvd/gps/wwam/wlan/BT/emissive kb/SSD ---- CF-31 mkI/TS/dvd/custom gps/wwan/wlan/emissive kb/SSD
CF-74 dvd/wlan/BT ---- CF-52 mkIII/ATI graphics card/i5-2.53GHz/wlan/BT/SSD (wwan/custom gps/TS coming soon)

"Know how to solve every problem that has been solved"
(R. Feynman '88)
"yessir , that boy has a couple of shorted turns on the primary"
"i've been to three county fairs , two hog calls and a goat ropin' but i aint never seen nothin' like this"

ADOR

#3 Post by ADOR »

Home made trailer in Louisiana is easy. Just show where your materials came from, etc. They hand stamp the numbers in after a inspection. I remember watching dad have one done years ago, we still have that trailer.

The local DMV accepts the paperwork and it gets sent to the main DMV. THAT is where the problems start. I have had the local sheriff do the paper work before. Everything I have done is done by what the Baton Rouge DMV wanted. They sent a check list. After it was done how they wanted they still denied it.

I have tried to go out of state twice. Mississippi is easy. I had a friend at work that started it for me, then he was surprised next time home with a divorce and the paperwork got scattered. That was about 7 years ago. I just tried again though a guy my dad works with. He gave the paperwork to the older guy with the junk yard he knew. Right after that the guy got sick and had been sick ever since. I have been waiting six months on that. So I decided to just let it go. Maybe find another one later on.

I have thought about getting a lawyer and getting it pressed though, but after the legal costs I would just be better off buying one with a title already. If I would have had the money I could of pressed com-temp of court charges on them but that would of been a expensive legal battle as well.

The frame and suspension is fine. But when you turn your attention to the body it still needs a lot of work. Floor plates redone, the rear lower truck area is rotted bad, needs all the new interior, paint. New glass. New wiring harness. The list goes on and on. The Camaro just needs a engine, paint, suspension, etc all good. So the 1978 350 4 bolt main engine is just going to find it's way into the Camaro.

I will most likely try to get a title again later on but it won't be for the 55. I will be selling it soon. I will try to sell it whole but if not if I have to part it out I will. I have a body hull only for a 34 Ford 5 window. Title or no Title that is one I will be hanging on to.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

CWB

#4 Post by CWB »

in minnenowsta home made trailers up to a certain sized do not need to be registered ... no license plates required .
this covers mostly trash haul and single atv/snowmobile/motorcycle trailers .
CF-30 mkI/TS/dvd/custom gps/wwan/wlan/BT/emmsive kb ---- CF-52 mkII/custom TS/dvd/wlan/BT/emmisive kb
CF-19 mkIV/TS/dvd/gps/wwam/wlan/BT/emissive kb/SSD ---- CF-31 mkI/TS/dvd/custom gps/wwan/wlan/emissive kb/SSD
CF-74 dvd/wlan/BT ---- CF-52 mkIII/ATI graphics card/i5-2.53GHz/wlan/BT/SSD (wwan/custom gps/TS coming soon)

"Know how to solve every problem that has been solved"
(R. Feynman '88)
"yessir , that boy has a couple of shorted turns on the primary"
"i've been to three county fairs , two hog calls and a goat ropin' but i aint never seen nothin' like this"

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”