Ok I boned up .

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Bill_TN

Ok I boned up .

#1 Post by Bill_TN »

Did a Fedora install on a windows 7 hdd that I didn't want to do it on. That's what happens when you are over tired and in a hurry. SOOOOOOO PISSSSEEEDDDDD OFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Bill_TN

Re: Ok I boned up .

#2 Post by Bill_TN »

:doh: Ok now that I'm back at the house I see that I was in error. The two hdd carriers look the same. The W7 install appears to be safe. Fixxing to swap carriers and see for sure. Damn it sux to get old. :pat:
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

Masking tape on the drive.. magic marker identifying the drive. You can still read it through the windows in the caddy
Life will beat you into submission.

Bill_TN

#4 Post by Bill_TN »

Shawn wrote:Masking tape on the drive.. magic marker identifying the drive. You can still read it through the windows in the caddy
Yea I usually do that. But this time it was a blk and metal cf-19 carrier and my new "empty" hdd was in same . Basically it was a brain fart. :doh:

kode-niner

#5 Post by kode-niner »

Bill_TN wrote::doh: Ok now that I'm back at the house I see that I was in error. The two hdd carriers look the same. The W7 install appears to be safe. Fixxing to swap carriers and see for sure. Damn it sux to get old. :pat:
I know man. I had to learn to double and triple check everything I do that could be potentially dangerous, like cloning drives, erasing directory trees or putting a rifle away for storage. I literally have to sit down and breathe while looking over what I am doing before issuing the final command, sometimes more than once.
Daily drives a CF-31

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”