walkie talkies

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Mxx20

walkie talkies

#1 Post by Mxx20 »

OK im getting irritated, my company for some reason buys retevis walkies, but they keep jumping models and the channels/freq wont match, according to retevis you can program the H-777 and the RT-5R to the same with there cables and software. set it all up, correct com ports, radio wont respond...tried both walkies both software's, drivers off the site and CD, and chirp software... :doh: any one have any ideas? or clues what im doing wrong (tried on cf-30 with xp and win 7 on another comp)

SHEEPMAN!

Re: walkie talkies

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Send a PM to Azrial if he doesn't check in.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Azrial

#3 Post by Azrial »

Mxx20 wrote:OK im getting irritated, my company for some reason buys retevis walkies, but they keep jumping models and the channels/freq wont match, according to retevis you can program the H-777 and the RT-5R to the same with there cables and software. set it all up, correct com ports, radio wont respond...tried both walkies both software's, drivers off the site and CD, and chirp software... :doh: any one have any ideas? or clues what im doing wrong (tried on cf-30 with xp and win 7 on another comp)
Hi Jeff! I have been busy trying to buy my first house!
Mxx20, I have never heard of Retevis, until I just looked them up, despite their claims of being a "well known company." Perhaps in China they are... They look to be a "commercial" line of Baofeng and Wouxun.

Despite that, and without knowing the model numbers in question, these radios come with analog and digital modulation, and bands; VHF, UHF and T-Band UHF. If ALL your radios are not capable of operating on the same band and modulation, they will never all talk together. So take a look at all the model numbers and see if you can get all talking on the same frequency and all on digital or analog. Some their radios will do both, kinda, for a while...

MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE OPERATIONAL IN LICENSED FREQUENCIES, ASSIGNED FOR YOUR USAGE! All of these radios are capable of interfering with licensed Emergency Operations like Police, Fire and Military, and they will track you down and, it will not be pretty :( .

Then download the correct software. HERE. and use it per the manufactures suggestions regarding the speed of the processors and version of Operating systems (ie: XP, Win7, Win 8, Win 10, Atari DOS...) and that is your best chance of getting them going.

All of this said, they are cheap Chinese radios, and will not last. ANYONE that tells you these are "decent" radios, needs to study the subject a lot longer before offering advice.

For general hilarity and a study in Chinglish, consult with the Chinese Shill, "RadiosGuru" web-page. "LINCOLN M.CARDONA" is one of the strangest English speaking men I have ever read. Of course, this is really just a fake review page posted by the manufacturer. But, it is FUN!

http://radiosguru.com/retevis-h-777-wal ... e-reviews/

It is a hoot, but otherwise a collections of lies. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a reason that professional users pay thousands on Motorola, Bendix King, Harris and GE. My best advice is to send them all back and buy Cobra or Motorola FRS radios and use them. That will keep you out of serious trouble and they will all talk together and work pretty well, for what they are...
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

Mxx20

#4 Post by Mxx20 »

Thanks azrial, but i have no say in what my company gets unfortunately, they are the rt5r and the h777. I know they are junk (i go through the more than the rest there). But the head people order them and dont seem to care about quality. Per the radio company they claim they can be matched. I found someone that has a loner a cable that should be here monday to see if we got a bad cable. If not the company will just have to get rid of the old and switch to all the same model again

Azrial

#5 Post by Azrial »

Mxx20 wrote:Thanks azrial, but i have no say in what my company gets unfortunately, they are the rt5r and the h777. I know they are junk (i go through the more than the rest there). But the head people order them and dont seem to care about quality. Per the radio company they claim they can be matched. I found someone that has a loner a cable that should be here monday to see if we got a bad cable. If not the company will just have to get rid of the old and switch to all the same model again
I know how it is when non-technical people try and order technical things!

As long as the RT-5R is placed in UHF mode, as the H777 is strictly UHF, and both are on the same frequency and PL/DPL tone, they should talk. I assume that you have an FCC assigned frequency, or are licensed for a common "Dot" frequency like, 464.500 MHz UHF (Brown Dot ).

Good Luck and let me know if I can be of help!
I am what I am, somebody has to be.
Call me for free from anywhere in the USA from my homepage! http://www.azrial.com/
CF-31JEGAX1M Mk2 Intel i5-2520M 2.50 GHz, Win7x64 & Ubuntu x64 14.04LTS Dual Boot, 16GB RAM, Samsung 250GB SSD, 2x64GB USB FD, 64GB SDHC, GOBI 4000, BUGPS, IBM AC/DC Supply #22P9003

Mxx20

#6 Post by Mxx20 »

They are both in UHF but the channels on the h777 don't match with the rt5r's. That's what spurred my service manager asking me to see what we can do to make them match. But I'm just a minion as long as I'm getting paid in this slow time I'm good...The pros and cons of being a flat rate tech lol

Mxx20

#7 Post by Mxx20 »

Little update..... got the single cable not the univeraal with mutiple ends they sell and it worked....go figure lol

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”