~Toughbooktalk~ Rob - 630-300-8877

The largest Toughbook discussion site on the net!
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

Been having luck and hell with the Pro Jection 4di/MPI computer. Teamed up with another guy that had one from 2 years ago and never got anywhere with it. The harness pin out is figured out, found original instructions. Got some older software, but no the version I need. Holley has version 3.33/3.38 on there web site. I got one version a hair older than it. It's 3.31/3.35 version. On the original Eprom chip inside 3.33/3.38 won't see it, but 3.31/3.35 will see it but says can't communicate it needs older software.

I lucked up on amazon and found a eprom used for 20 bucks shipped (they are normally 90 to 150 shipped) but it was the next to the last version released. I get the same thing. Won't see it/ need older software. It was suppose to come with the software, it's advertised with it so I have contacted Amazon but waiting to see the outcome of it.

Going though old forum threads I see there was a version 2.1 and 2.2 then it jumped to 3.0. May be a few more version but just never see a reference to them. On the wayback machine as far as it goes back on the software page it only has 3.33/3.38 version. This car computer is from around 1998.

So I am going to need to find older software somewhere, or the other guy has the last version of the chip and has made a back up file of it and is willing to give it to me. But then I got to go and get a chip and get it flashed. So I am pulling out my hair on that now.

Since I can't communicate with it I don't know what version the original chip is.

On the newer chip it's like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M ... UTF8&psc=1

The lastest version is this. And it works with the software that can still be downloaded.
https://www.holley.com/products/discont ... rts/534-77

This explains some of the chip compatibility.
http://documents.holley.com/199r10115rev.pdf

All of this is up and running on my CF-29 Mk3 for now. CF-28 Mk2 and M34 is next on setting it up for this. (battery works and I have the car charger for them so I can just leave in the car for tuning.