Anyone know much about these? General Dynamics IX750

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
SHEEPMAN!

Re: Anyone know much about these? General Dynamics IX750

#31 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

That's odd, I posted a big one and it took it. :confused: Then I deleted before submit.....just testing. :confused:
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Bill_TN

#32 Post by Bill_TN »

Shawn wrote:resized to 800x600 using Irfanview for Windows.

http://www.irfanview.com/
Thanx Shawn. Yea I have infra in my windoze. But haven't been in my WD for a couple of months. Need to get the hang of Gimp. Either way T/Y again Shawn for the resize. So gang? Any tips on how to go about this? First auction. :confused:
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Springfield

#33 Post by Springfield »

Bill_TN wrote:So gang? Any tips on how to go about this? First auction. :confused:
For selling items that are valuable but not that common, I favor a fixed price listing using Buy-It-Now (BIN), maybe with a Best Offer option, and set the auction time for "until it sells". That way it won't sell too low if there's only a few bidders. The Best Offer (BO) option lets you set a higher price and still get some interest, but also signals you know the price is high. You can ignore offers below $xx if you start getting a lot of BO lowball offers, so that the buyer gets a message right away it is too low, which encourages them to bid again higher.

Be careful to point out everything that's missing or broken and don't over-hype the good parts. Provide pics of all issues. Better for it to not sell than to have to deal with a refund to a cranky buyer. (But we all know you're a very accommodating dude, Bill ;-) I always say "Ask any questions before bidding" because some folks tend to impulse buy and then start asking a series of questions and then get buyer's remorse and say they don't want it. If you do have to do a refund, do it through ebay not PayPal, so that ebay automatically refunds their fees too.

Ebay will let you edit the listing until someone bids, so check it and edit if needed right when you list it. For example, you would need to Reject a pending lowball BO before you can edit the listing.

I always ship using the ebay shipping tool and pay for insurance thru eBay's 3rd party (ShipCover?), costs about $1.50 per $100. I've had to file claims 3 times and it was pretty easy and quick (~1-2 weeks), compared to horror stories I've heard about months of arguing with USPS over lost or damaged packages. And always pack well because most shippers seem to throw things around and my packages often arrive with serious dents and/or smashed badly. Use lotsa bubble wrap. (BTW Shawn is the Zen Master at packing :salute:

If you're a newbie with PayPal, they may hold your $$ until the item gets delivered or if the buyer disputes something, so just be ready for some delays.

Good Luck!
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350

Shawn

#34 Post by Shawn »

Thanks Ken..
Life will beat you into submission.

Bill_TN

#35 Post by Bill_TN »

Well this is like 6x6x3 inch. Plan to use a med flat rate box and bubble wrap the heck out of it and then stuff the remaining space with paper. An egg would survive the trip the way it will be packed. I tend to ship the way I'd like to receive things. I plan to auction with an opening of 100.00 and a buy it now of 200.00. It is a hard to find. I know that it did boot to bios. That it can run Mint from a thumb drive and it has a functioning touch screen. Finger active no stylus required. But since it has no batt hdd or carrier, I'm selling it as not working/parts with no guarantees. I know that I could get and do what ever it needs to make it complete and then sell it for a butt load. But I have nada in it so want to see what I can get for it. It's an experiment for me.

But then again I could disassemble it and learn it's inner workings.......
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

Shawn

#36 Post by Shawn »

Main trick to shipping is cushion the object and make sure the object can not move inside the box. Pack it tight.
Life will beat you into submission.

Bill_TN

#37 Post by Bill_TN »

Ok listed. Will check back after work for the bashing.

Bill_TN

#38 Post by Bill_TN »

Well people watching but no bids. LOL.

Bill_TN

#39 Post by Bill_TN »

Ah well. Looks like the auction will be a bust. Such is life.

ADOR

#40 Post by ADOR »

If you relist put some pictures showing it being used with a usb stick.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”