SSD

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Mxx20

SSD

#1 Post by Mxx20 »

Ok, i have an Intel ssd in my C1, this is twice now that i know of its done this. Its a 150gb, I normally run about 40-50GB of free space. Randomly it pops up no disk space errors and when i check theres 2gb or 2mb of free space. I go and check and theres no room. Well then it will pop back with the 50ish GB of space and everything is normal. It isn't when trim is kicking in i dont know what it is. I ran the Intel toolbox and it says the drive is ok.

mklym

Re: SSD

#2 Post by mklym »

Have you made sure the latest firmware is loaded? What about BIOS updates, running the latest?
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Mxx20

#3 Post by Mxx20 »

mklym wrote:Have you made sure the latest firmware is loaded? What about BIOS updates, running the latest?

Firmware on the ssd is up todate, bios on panasonics site only shows the mk1 updates nothing for the c1 mk2

mklym

#4 Post by mklym »

I don't know what to tell you. Try sending an email to Intel SSD support.

I run Intel SSD's in all my Toughbooks, except the CF-29 with a Samsung 1/8" ssd, and have never experienced anything like that, in fact I have never had any problems/trouble with Intel SSD's.

Have you ran a diagnostic test on the C1? Have you checked the connector/cable, from the system board to the ssd, for any signs of breaks, bent contacts, etc.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

#5 Post by Shawn »

What OS are you running?
How did you install it? recovery DVD or fresh install from scratch?

If it is windows, go to
control panel
system
rerun windows experience index.

That will force windows to recognize that its a SSD and adjust the settings..
Life will beat you into submission.

Mxx20

#6 Post by Mxx20 »

mklym : i ran the toolbox and ok, ran the diag one from bios ok. i dont know either, i might switch C1's and retest

Shawn: its windows 7 pro, it was from scratch. i reran the windows experience and ill see what happens today....

I think its just testing me lol

EDIT: i dont know what but i was going thru some other threads trying to find some info on a CF-29 for a tech at work and found something about optimizing and said some info....anyways it poped up with error reporting type thing and heres a screen shot of what i found after clearing the log and re using the laptop.... im going to try to do more research this weekend but time is against me at the moment :(
Attachments
errors.JPG
errors.JPG (147.72 KiB) Viewed 9957 times

Mxx20

#7 Post by Mxx20 »

Little update.... past two boots its popped up check disk without anything asking for it

Mxx20

#8 Post by Mxx20 »

Little update, i picked up a samsung 850 pro, did a fresh install of everything so notthing carried over if anything was corrupt, no issues anymore.

SHEEPMAN!

#9 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

FWIW SSD do not play well with defrag. I haven't tried it , just read the fine print. FWIW and probably not related.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Mxx20

#10 Post by Mxx20 »

yes, i wont defrag Jeff lol, just trim and optimization. i had asked questions about the wifi not kicking in till wayyyyyyy after boot. it appears to be the software with the start up. after i loaded Eaton Service Ranger 4 it started doing it. Im going to have to play with the start up stuff now but i dont want to hinder the other software from working

EDIT: Im at a loss trying to learn/figure out the start up/ services that can safely be disabled without hindering the rest of the system. This is Irritating me. The system is booting so good and running so smooth trying to figure out the few hiccups...
The boot thing is driving me up a wall, but the other issue is the few apps that Navistar uses are Java based and they lag at start up of the software/app thingy...

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”