It's just going to be one of THOSE days. LOL

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Bill_TN

It's just going to be one of THOSE days. LOL

#1 Post by Bill_TN »

Trying to reformat and reset an acer one toy for a friends kid. Grabbed my w7 stick and installed. Went on full auto and just let things cook. :doh: W7 pro alright, 64 bit.
Can't find my 32 bit stick, looks just like the 64 bit one, and my external dvd box took a dump last week. LOL. So guess it's time to run to BB and grab another. :pat:
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Bill_TN

Re: It's just going to be one of THOSE days. LOL

#2 Post by Bill_TN »

Just seems like a good place to put this one. I'm looking around trying to decide which way to go. Time, money and effort into the down truck? (2001 ford truck with 1&1/2 bad injectors, meaning essentially top of motor has to come off. So 6 injectors at 80.00 a pop as well as sensors and gaskets. Plus the replacement tires that I have needed for the past year. No tread at all on the back ones. Try to straighten the frame out again. Lost cause there.)Or potentially less time, effort and money into the old basket case of a truck out in the back yard? ( 1979ish F-150 Ranger 4wd that I lost the title that I never got around to getting registered, replace 2bbl carb that pours as much gas out as it burns, replace the distributor that I destroyed last time I was working on it. Replace the heater and rebuild the dash.) OR just say screw it and spend $2,000 on another decent pre80's beater? Leaning towards the last option.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

Invest the $2000.00 in the 2001...newer truck, better investment..
A real frame shop can do amazing things in a short period of time...
Used tires from Craigslist or a junkyard are cheap..
Life will beat you into submission.

Springfield

#4 Post by Springfield »

You are near Ft Campbell, a big Army base. Bet the soldiers buy and sell alot of used vehicles. Maybe you should look around and shag something ready to run for your money. Then part out, junk, or donate both those POS needing work. I hate car repairs but too cheap to pay mechanics wages for something I can do myself. But over the years I've learned there are times to dump a project and just start over with something better. Bet you can find a decent truck in good running condition for the $2000 you might have to put in either of those projects. Just sayin . . . .
:doh: :( :pat: ;) :D
ToughBooks: CF-74 73 53 52 51 31 30 29 28 27 25 19 18 08 07 C1 C2 F9 H1 M32 M33 M34 R2 S10 T8 T5 T4 T2 U1 W2 Y2 VDW07 PDRC ...
GoBooks: VR-2, XR-1, IX-260+, IX-350

SHEEPMAN!

#5 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

You know it's one of those days when you back up the incline to fill the water tank and the brake pedal goes to the floor as you shift to neutral. Dump the clutch......between gears......cram it in reverse rounding off the corners a little and turn off the key. Whew!
Now....after filling the tank we have to get it back down to where the sheep water tank is......o.k. start engine (driving forward) leave it in reverse and use the clutch for a brake.........and so down into the flat into first drive ahead and turn off the key before we hit the fence,,,,into reverse and ease it back into the ditch and turn it off again. Easy. 1976 Ford F350 for sale 76000 original miles brakes not guaranteed. :D

Whoever heard of testing the brakes before moving a vehicle?
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#6 Post by Shawn »

Would you be willing to deliver that F350? It's a short 3500 miles

SHEEPMAN!

#7 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Are there any hills? :boing:

Speaking of hills reminds me of pulling up the hill with ten fat steers in the box. Flat on the inside dual, sunk into mudhole and stalled out. Steers ran to the back and the front end came off the ground about a foot and stayed there. Sarah grabbed the door and I asked "where you going"? After the father-in-law popped the pins on the back door the steers jumped out....then I burnt the clutch because I was attempting to pull out in third gear. (got excited I guess) So ruining the clutch, replacing it and changing flat on inside dual and gathering the steers again made it one of those days. :doh:

Pulling another hill I had four or five big cows on board, downhill racer lady made me stop.....inches away from the door..."you're going to have to back away from me lady." She panicked and rolled ahead into my door. SO, I had to back down hill. A hint, set your emergency brake on before backing. (means you get braking to the front wheels too with e brake on) Otherwise paragraph above happens.Try it, it's fun on "one of those days". :doh: ((not much damage as she hit the same place my mother-in-law hit on two of those days)) :rofl:

Notice feeble attempt to stay on topic. :)
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#8 Post by Shawn »

There is a small hill in Colorado...They call it Rocky.. something?
I suggest putting a saddle on the cattle and tow the truck...Cattle have better brakes...

Bill_TN

#9 Post by Bill_TN »

How much on the ford and do you have enough grease to fit it into a flat rate box?

safn1949

#10 Post by safn1949 »

And Jeff ain't kidding when he says he lives on a mountain,been there in my V10 2500 4x4 and glad I had it. :eek:
2 CF-30Mk3's, 2 CF-71's, CF-L1, 3 CF-72's, CF-73, CF-74, CF-48, CF-50, CF-51Mk3, 2 CF-19's,7 CF-52's, FZ-A1 and other assorted beaters.

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”