It's just going to be one of THOSE days. LOL

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Shawn

Re: It's just going to be one of THOSE days. LOL

#21 Post by Shawn »

You guys don't know what rust is. 8) ..... :D
Rusted cab corners.HA..I laugh at rusted cab corners....
I see rusted cab corners on 5 year old trucks....
I won't even talk about the rust work I had to do on school buses, other than to say I was using 4' x 4' sheets of steel.

I live in western Pennsylvania.....
We have real WINTER and road salt..lots and lots of road salt. :( ...

You may now proceed....I am done with my outburst... :boing:
Life will beat you into submission.

Bill_TN

#22 Post by Bill_TN »

Shawn. I'm originally from the New England States. Maine to CT. Very familiar with what road and sea salt does to metal. Also have found that in a pinch Great Stuff foam works as a rust hole filler.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Shawn

#23 Post by Shawn »

That aerosol foam is handy indeed...

ADOR

#24 Post by ADOR »

Bill_TN wrote: Also have found that in a pinch Great Stuff foam works as a rust hole filler.
There is a small problem with that. That foam adsorbs moisture making it rust out more over time, but on a beater, just rock it.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Shawn

#25 Post by Shawn »

reinforced fiberglass aka tiger hair spread on wax paper....slap it over the hole and Bob's ur uncle.

SHEEPMAN!

#26 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Bill_TN wrote:Actually thinking about resurrecting the 79. She has a 351 mod 400. With a 2bbl carb. Wanting to KEEP it a 2bbl. Short wheel base and beds rotted to uselessness. Thinking I might make a few calls this week and try to build the title. Mechanics lean does wonderful things. Actually thinking about NOT washing all the tree grunge and crap off her too. The bed from the 2001 is bent all to heck so plan to plank myself one. Hmmmnnnnn....... Think I might just measure the mounts from the 01 cab and compare............. Might save a title effort.
Two ways...diamond plate or rare apitong (that's one way to spell it thank you Mr. Spell Check) Old boat builder gave it to me and the metal strips were cheap. Tougher than mahogany. Decked my 64 Chevy fleet-side with it. You do NOT want a splinter in yer hand. Talk about sting.
Rout the edges of your planks, leave just under 1/4 inch spacing. (Allows for expansion in wet weather)and leaves room for the 1/4 inch bolts in your deck strips. I had to do cross-members too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1616308515 ... =82&chn=ps ...<<<<<<here's one.

Below is my 76 F350 sheep water truck 250 gallon tank, Honda Pump, no brakes :help:
Attachments
033 (Small).jpg
033 (Small).jpg (142.89 KiB) Viewed 6365 times
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”