How to bypass bios password on Dell Inspiron 700m

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
teo

How to bypass bios password on Dell Inspiron 700m

#1 Post by teo »

Hi! guys, anyone of you know how to bypass a bios password on Dell Inspiron 700m. I just bought it recently with detail that the DC jack was broken off. Short story. I fixed it soldered a new one and its works but to my dissapointment it has a bios password on it. I try everything I know but it didn't works. I bought it for my niece who is now in college way back home and need a laptop for school. Now! I am trying to locate the eprom chip but I can't find where it is located on the unit. Any help from you guys? thanks

teo

tomcat57

Re: How to bypass bios password on Dell Inspiron 700m

#2 Post by tomcat57 »

Can you reflash the bios to clear it ?
Is there a lithumion battery that can be removed to clear settings?
Did you run clearcmos from a bootable floppy?

Alex

teo

#3 Post by teo »

i used google but most of the answers are not related to what people are asking. You will link to a site with no end but no exact answer.

Second: the c mos battery thing, no effect.

Third: you cannnot reflash the bios on floppy as the bios locked to harddrive only, cd rom no go too.

I think the bios will be gone when i throw it on a concrete floor(st..p Dell). This Dell laptop is some kind of a garbage, no use. I don't know why people are keep buying this crap as If they forgot their password it will be a piece of junk.

teo

gray-beard

#4 Post by gray-beard »

Did you try the trick of running it on the power supply only (no main battery) with the bios battery also unplugged and then removing power plug a few times so that it goes dead each time?
This always worked for me on the Toughbooks and a few of the older Toshibas, but I have never had a Dell to try it on..
Good luck

Bob

teo

#5 Post by teo »

Still no luck, If somebody can tell me the location of eeprom chip, I can reolace it by myself coz i know that this sh..it thing uses different chip.

teo

Pareto Optimal

#6 Post by Pareto Optimal »

I know this is an old thread. Did you find a solution? I've read that you can NOT get past a Dell's PW. You have to pay $ to get past it.

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”