Cross platform weather program

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
mklym

Cross platform weather program

#1 Post by mklym »

I found this program that displays weather info. Works on Linux, Mac OSX and Win, and it is free. I have not checked it out yet.

Code: Select all

AWeather is a free/open source application which has been designed to integrate and visualize high-quality meteorological data using an interactive Virtual Globe interface suitable for a wide range of users including weather enthusiasts, academics, and professionals. It is designed to provide more information than is typically available from weather widgets and simple desktop applications. At the same time, it strives to be simpler and easier to use than existing meteorological software packages such as GEMPAK and IDV. Currently AWeather only displays data provided by the United States National Weather Service. 
http://pileus.org/aweather/about
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

Re: Cross platform weather program

#2 Post by Shawn »

That looks interesting..I'm loading it on the CF52 now and I will try it on the CF30 and CF19 with the GPS and see how it works
Life will beat you into submission.

kode-niner

#3 Post by kode-niner »

Code: Select all

apt-get aweather
Cool!
Daily drives a CF-31

mklym

#4 Post by mklym »

I installed it last night and played with it a bit, seems like a nice program. Useful to members in the CONUS but not in Canada. Have gpsd, in Linux, running before you start AWeather and you can use GPS in the program.
It didn't show the Bay Area earthquake in the program this morning.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”