The truck sit for about 6 months. I ordered more parts I needed and figured out some headers that would fit. Bought them and swapped them out. I had to take my stock starter off but had a gear reduction starter that I thought would fit.
I needed some help to get the engine properly set up. A friend of mine has a local muffler shop and has built many hot rods for himself and for customers. Even splicing two frames to update a older frame. I finally found him caught up on some of his projects and talked to him about getting the engine and trans angles right, mounted securely and doing the exhaust on it. Tuesday he said bring it by so I loaded it up on the trailer and took it up there.
It turned out to be a slow week for him so we got a lot done. I brought the truck back home Friday.
We lowered the engine 1-1/2" and set it back 1-1/2" to here I had it before. Leveled it out and put one bolt into it from the shock mount hole to hold it into place. Next we moved to the trans (he has two lifts and they make me want one so bad for my little shop, lol) Moved the mount to where it needed to be, shimmed it for proper drive shaft angle relationship to the rearend. Then we welded it up the universal mounts permanently into place.
We had to swap the long oil filter for a short one to clear in the front. Put new shocks on all four corners. Greased up all grease fittings. He ran the exhaust back to right before the rear axle. When he finishes the work I have him doing on the bed we are mounting the bed and then finishing up the rear exhaust straight out the back. The exhaust is 2-1/2" alummized pipe with stainless mufflers.
The previous owner had torch cut the front frame horns. I had got the right bumper off of eBay and had some frame horns from a 54 ford truck from a bumper we had cut off and I thought I was going to have to use. He grafted the 54 horns onto the truck.
We mounted the three bolt to 2 bolt early ford master cylinder adapter. Mounted a 87 T bird master cylinder. It has a deep hole in it like a standard manual disk master cylinder and is a 7/8 DIA bore. I use the valving from the same master cylinder but re located it to above the fill point as the master cylinder is now under the cab floor not on the fire wall like a newer car. I ran new brake lines all the way around. I finished the hard lines today. I have to wait till Monday when the rear rubber brake line comes in. Then I can test the system and bleed the air out. To make sure it will work out like it should.
Several pin holes were welded up while we were there too. I fitted the the rear bumper I got out of the junk yard while it was there also.