Viewpad 10

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
ADOR

Viewpad 10

#1 Post by ADOR »

Been playing with a few other pc's on and off. One is the viewpad 10. It's a dual OS tablet. Has a atom processor. The one I carry to work is a base model with windows7/android 2.3 and 16gb ssd. I have set one up for my ex-stepdaughter 32gb ssd and windows7/android 4.0. I plan to upgrade my android version on it soon.

One of the guys at work looked at mine and decided they wanted one. So I ran across one that was slightly different than the one I have and it was only 100 bucks in the box. Someone had put windows 7 on it and wiped out the factory android install. The newer model I got had dual cameras and more external buttons but pretty much the same as the other two I had got. Well I have seen now you need to stay away from the viewpad 10pi. It's the upgraded version. I have seen several reports that the bios battery on a lot of them had died and wifi is crap after I had got it in. Mine I had got to sell has both of these problems. I finally spilt the case a couple of days ago. I could tell someone had been inside it before because the protection sticker was tore and one screw internally was missing. The bios battery is plug and play so that should be a easy fix, BUT I was hoping to swap another wifi card in it. It has some kind of a mini card in it. Not the m-pci-e half cards either. It has one of those white flex cables on it. Haven't seen another type of card to try out. It has a m-pci-e slot for WWAN so I am going to see if I can put a wifi card in that slot, may work with the 20 pin mod. I know sometimes they are not locked out totally like on the alienware M11x r1.

So if you are looking for a cheap 10" windows tablet, stay way from the "pi" model, for now. The standard model is fine. Swapping between android and windows 7 requires a reboot but works fine that way. There is also a "pro" model but I haven't got my hands on it yet. I have read they are good like the original ones I have but are slower on android because you don't reboot to get into android, windows emulates it so it swaps instantly.

Just though I would throw that out there for anyone that may be looking at these machines.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”