Motion Computing Tablet PC C5

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Shawn

Re: Motion Computing Tablet PC C5

#11 Post by Shawn »

Silver Trooper wrote:
Shawn wrote:It's a tough call between the Motion C5v and the H1. I went with the Motion C5v. It has an I5 cpu not an Atom. Battery backup for 30 seconds or so, so I can swap on the fly and a sealed USB port. The motions are digitizer only. They are also half as thick. I ended up with a C5v with 64gb SSD. It included battery and stylus for roughly $125.00 to my door. It doesnt have gps, but the built in usb and I5 processor swung me to the C5v instead of the CF-H1. Also I prefer the thinness of the C5. The H1 is too thick. If I want that thick of a carry I might as well get a CF19.

My 2 cents
Was yours an Ebay purchase? Does it use the standard SATA SSD, or is it the 1.8? Has anyone tried to up either the RAM or the hard drive on either the C5v or the H1?

Yes it was from fleabay. Yes I have upgraded the ram and hard drives.
The C5 or CFT-001 uses a 1.8" PATA with a ZIF interface. I installed a Sandisk 32gb ssd and it worked great.
I just picked up a C5 with an original 30 gb SSD. It has a MSATA SSD drive. It has a ffc going to a different port (sata) on the mb.
Ram was 2gb with 2-1gb sticks. I pulled the top stick and put in a 2gb stick for 3gb total. DDR2

The C5v uses a 1.8" SATA with standard SATA connectors.
Ram is DDR3. It had 2gb installed in the bottom of the mb. The top slot was empty. I put in a 2gb stick for 4gb total. I have read guys putting a 4gb stick in and it works fine.

Both units had a empty wwan slot. I put in a 32gb SD to mini pcie adapter. Both see the extra "drive" easily.
Life will beat you into submission.

ADOR

#12 Post by ADOR »

The Core solo units I have don't have a sims card slot so I don't think those units have the wwan slot. Both of the core 2 duo units have the sims card slot. I think the H1 is fanless and they were stretching battery life is the reason for the atom. Since I had the core 2 duo model I held off getting a i5. Got way too many projects. Shawn if you need any of the ones I have parts or whatever. Let me know and I will give you the cut rate pricing, lol.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

I'll think about the offer.....
Life will beat you into submission.

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”