Dell d630 XFR

Talk about other laptop computers here (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc...)
Silver Trooper

Dell d630 XFR

#1 Post by Silver Trooper »

I think I mentioned some time back that I had bought an Augmentix 630 ATG in the desert sand colors. I did some swapping around with some Dell d630 XFR parts and changed the processor from a T7100 to a T7700 with 3GB RAM. I have since obtained a true Dell d630 XFR in the grey/black colors and did some swapping with the ATG. I now have the ATG in desert colors, 2.4GB processor, 3GB RAM, non-touch and standard keyboard. The d630 xfr is a 2.0GB processor for now as I have a T7700 ordered for it (found new on Ebay for $28 shipped!), touch screen, 3GB RAM and rubber backlighted keyboard (both have the red LED's that shine down from the screen frame onto the keyboard).

With all that said, I bought one of the 128 Kingston ssd's that were on sale at Staples for $79.99 and did the install in the Augmentix since it already had the T7700 processor (cloning was done using the enclosed Acronis software). The actual cloning process only took about 20 minutes including swapping the hard drive for the ssd and putting the HD in the external case. From the first boot, you could tell this thing is now OMG fast! Boot time is now 15-22 seconds from power button push to fully engaged. I was in love with the ATG/XFR before, but now it is like finding out your former lingerie model wife is worth a fortune to boot! I tried to buy another 128GB ssd today, but they were sold out. So instead, I bought two of the 64GB models and paid $54.99 each plus tax with free shipping. If you have not already installed one in your favorite TB, you owe it to yourself and the TB to do so soon. :pbjt: :pbjt: :clapping: :clapping:
One CF-52, four CF-18's, 4.5 CF-28's, one CF-29, five CF-M34's, two CF-37's, one CF-P2 and two CF-P1's. There are also two Getac A320T's, one Fieldpac and two IBM Transnotes. Not to mention the AMD 5600 CPU with three monitors and several HP PDA's. Whew! Must quit buying...no, must have MORE! Then there are the weapons...

Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

ADOR

Re: Dell d630 XFR

#2 Post by ADOR »

I am stepping on the ssd bandwagon when i get home. got a CF30 mk2 in and 120gb ssd to try out.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

Return to “Other Laptop & General Off Topic Talk”