Sierra Wireless 3G card?

Got something going on that involves networking, firewalls or wireless? Post it here.
Tactmedic

Sierra Wireless 3G card?

#1 Post by Tactmedic »

So just got my newest CF-30 (see below) and it comes with this card- This TB comes from Canada and the software (Watcher) says "Bell" I am guessing this is the company. My question is-

What do I do to make it work here in Florida? Is it a simple SIM card replacement? If so any recommendations for a good company? I will be doing a lot of traveling in the next year- Washington DC, NYC, and DFW area to name a few.
CF-C2AKFZGLM My newest one :)
CF-30KQPATPM for sale! Ask me about more info!
CF-30KCPAQ2M for sale! Ask me about more info!

i58sr

Re: Sierra Wireless 3G card?

#2 Post by i58sr »

You would need a new modem like 5725 or a early gen GOBI...There is another for AT&T I can't remember the card ID. Sadly the CF-30's are not 4g compatible. I used Verizon 3G REV A in my MK2 all over the country. It seems like it would default to 1xx speed which is so slow it's not usable. There is a way to lock it to 3G rev A.

What I do now is use the 4g hot spot off my Verizon phone. It blows away the 5725 REV A modem in the sled. There are many horror stories here getting the broadband modems to work. It is a real challenge.

-Nick

Tactmedic

Re: Sierra Wireless 3G card?

#3 Post by Tactmedic »

I just remembered that I have a GOBI 1000 (I think) in my parts MK3. Might do the swap since I will be swapping keyboards anyway. I'll have to see if I can figure out what provider was on the card. Is there a way to check this before install or even after?
CF-C2AKFZGLM My newest one :)
CF-30KQPATPM for sale! Ask me about more info!
CF-30KCPAQ2M for sale! Ask me about more info!

Return to “Networking, Firewalls, & Wireless Talk”