WIFI or Internet Expert advice needed "YO ROB"

Got something going on that involves networking, firewalls or wireless? Post it here.
orphanlr

WIFI or Internet Expert advice needed "YO ROB"

#1 Post by orphanlr »

I HAVE AN ISSUE- NEED AN EXPERT

Rob, if I recall correctly you’re a network expert, so please feel free to chime in.

I have a big mission trip coming up soon, actually planning on hitting several different orphanages in different countries in the same region on the same trip, with the same plan.

First the problem: Most orphanage compounds have an internet connection at their main office, and some even have spotty wifi to the closest buildings, but all of them want and need it in their school buildings, or in various buildings on the property. Our big project lately has been to get all their schools wifi or internet up, so we can set up a projector/ camera/speakers so we can broadcast live training to all the orphanage schools each week from back home. To do this, they must be connected.

Our primary role is to come in and find a way to get consistent wifi for the school and compound, with an expanse between office and schools of between 70 and 300 yards depending on the facility and terrain. We will only have a few days at each site, so we must be fast and efficient.

Solution: This is where I need input.

1.Do we hook up those white POE Engenious transmitters with an external directional antenna at the office and just broadcast?

2.Do we dig trenches and run cat6 cable all over and then have wireless access points in each building?

3.If we do broadcast from the office, do we then still use access points or boosters in each out building and school?

4.DO we?

My immediate need is to identify how were going to do it, cost out the materials, and then start fundraising locally for the project. I just need to know what to I should be looking at, and get going on it.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Sam

Rob
Toughbooktalk Founder

Re: WIFI or Internet Expert advice needed "YO ROB"

#2 Post by Rob »

Sam, If you have a chance to call me tonight, it's a LOT easier to explain this over the phone. I will GLADLY help as much as you need!!

I'm SLAMMED busy until 8PM central time. If you can call me after then it would be great!

Or any time tomorrow after 9AM central time will work too. I have Skype too if international calling is too expensive (I'm not quite sure where you're located).

Thanks!
~Rob - Vice President - Rugged Depot~
~Cell: (630)/300-8877~
~Owner - Toughbooktalk~
~Fully rugged Toughbook user since April 18th 2005~
~FZ-40ACAAHKM - Primary Toughbook / Workstation as of 7/29/22
~Win10 Pro (Win11 DG), Intel Core i5-1145G7 (up to 4.4GHz), vPro, 14.0" FHD Gloved Multi Touch, 16GB, 1TB Samsung SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, 4G EM7690, GPS, Quad Pass (BIOS Selectable), Mic and Infrared 5MP Webcam, Standard Battery, TPM 2.0, Emissive Backlit Keyboard, Dual Batteries, USB A + HDMI + Serial X-PAK, Shoulder Strap, Flat~
~AT&T Business 1GB Fiber 1GB/1GB business static line~
~Gamber & Johnson Platinum Partner~

http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://downloads.toughbooktalk.com/
http://www.rugged575.com - 300' UHF GMRS Radio Repeater
http://www.crete600.com - 310' UHF Linked GMRS Radio Repeater

~Emergency preparedness starts with reliable communication systems above all. Pretend the internet and cell phones didn’t exist, how will you communicate? If you’re interested in learning more, ask me!~

orphanlr

Re: WIFI or Internet Expert advice needed "YO ROB"

#3 Post by orphanlr »

Rob,

Sorry had some issues at work and was busy till 230am, to many damm basketball charters, and never made it back to the computer.

Funny, Im actually in north Florida. Now if it was south Florida, that would be international, but not up here. :)

I'll call later, thanks.....

Sam

Return to “Networking, Firewalls, & Wireless Talk”