CF-30 at last! with GOBI..

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
rjenkins

CF-30 at last! with GOBI..

#1 Post by rjenkins »

Hi guys,
after a couple of years of flawless operation from my CF-29, I've finally managed to acquire a CF-30.

It's a Mark 3, CF-30KCPALAM to be exact. It seems to have just about every possible option except the fingerprint reader and looks like it just came out the factory, so I'm rather happy!

I'll be selling a couple of CF-29 spares (HDD Caddy, DVD drive & possibly other bits) which will be listed in the appropriate forum.

ps. Does anyone have any info on using GOBI wwan in the uk? I've been searching while waiting for the machine to arrive, but have not found anything much yet.
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

rjenkins

Re: CF-30 at last! with GOBI..

#2 Post by rjenkins »

For info, I have the GOBI card working on the 'O2' network here in England.

I used the Panasonic carrier select app & set it for AT&T (as they use HSDPA, the same as in the UK/Europe).

I could not configure a connection with the AT&T connection manager, but I found a free connection manager callen 'iqonn' which works fine using O2s connection info.
Robert Jenkins
Presently using a CF-31 Mk5, Toughbook #10 (I think.. too many to keep track of)

turtlexiv

Re: CF-30 at last! with GOBI..

#3 Post by turtlexiv »

In IQonn, what did you select in the settings for Device?
Chris
CF-30FADAQAM - Windows 7 32-bit, L7500 (Centrino Duo), Touch XGA, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, TPM 1.2, Bluetooth, GOBI

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”