~Toughbooktalk~ Rob - 630-300-8877

The largest Toughbook discussion site on the net!
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:12 pm
Posts: 9
Hello all. I just got my first Toughbook, a CF-30 MK2 with Windows 7. I absolutely love it. My question to the group is are there any other CF-30 Mk2 owner out there who are running Win 10 and does it run fine? The free upgrade ends on the 29th and I'd like to upgrade but I'm worried about drivers and getting everything to work right. Also I don't want it to slow the Toughbook down. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm
Posts: 278
Stick with Win7 (or pirate Win10 later) because Windows 10 is a privacy invading botnet. The French government even said it themselves.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 pm 
Offline
Toughbooktalk Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: "TOUGHBOOK LAND" ME ,USA / NB . CANADA
Quote:
any other CF-30 Mk2 owner out there who are running Win 10

Do you know why Microsoft is giving it away free? They want to steal all your info...pictures, contacts. Check to see if you download movies and songs with out paying for them. You need to be fully aware of what W10 is. Read below, you must agree to this to install W10.

By accepting this agreement or using the software, you agree to all of these terms, and consent to the transmission of certain information during activation and during your use of the software as per the privacy statement described in Section 3. If you do not accept and comply with these terms, you may not use the software or its features.



3. Privacy; Consent to Use of Data. Your privacy is important to us. Some of the software features send or receive information when using those features. Many of these features can be switched off in the user interface, or you can choose not to use them. By accepting this agreement and using the software you agree that Microsoft may collect, use, and disclose the information as described in the Microsoft Privacy Statement (aka.ms/privacy), and as may be described in the user interface associated with the software features.

_________________
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
___________________
CF-19 MK1 /2 Emissive Keyboard * CF-28 MK3
CF-30 MK2 , Intel SSD, 4GB , GPS, W7 Ultimate , Bluetooth, Emissive Keyboard
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Google Pixel XL
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Well what I would do it clone your current 7 install, install a different hard drive and get the "free" upgrade to windows 10. That way you have it secured. I would clone/back that up after first install. That way you can go back and forth if you want and you have your upgrade if you want it.

I would read up on tweaking and cut out what you don't want with 10 though.

_________________
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:10 am 
Offline
Toughbooktalk Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: "TOUGHBOOK LAND" ME ,USA / NB . CANADA
Check out these two threads on NBR.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nbr-windows-10-clean-installation-guide.781178/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-tweaks-and-fixes-index-post-1.779394/

_________________
:spinny: Blair :spinny:
___________________
CF-19 MK1 /2 Emissive Keyboard * CF-28 MK3
CF-30 MK2 , Intel SSD, 4GB , GPS, W7 Ultimate , Bluetooth, Emissive Keyboard
CF-51 MK3LL Core 2 Duo T7600 Mod , W7, 4GB Ram, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, Finger Print Reader
CF-52MK1 Core2Duo 2GHz, Intel SSD X25 Series ,4GB , BT with dock
CF-52 MK4 i5‑2540M 2.60GHz, ATI Discrete Graphics, Intel 120GB SSD, 16GB,W7 Pro 64bit
CF-53MK1 i5/2520, Kingston Hyper X SSD 240GB, 16GB memory, W7 Pro 64bit with dock
And the little guys CF-M34 MK3 and MK7
Infologix / MediSlate 10.4" tablet
Cel Google Pixel XL
Member of:
http://thessdreview.com/
http://www.toughbooktalk.com
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm
Posts: 278
Apparently 4chan /g/ made this for Win10:
https://github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck

Not sure how well it works, I run Win7 on my 19 Mk6.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 am
Posts: 655
Location: Canada
Personally I'm holding off on installing Lose 10 on my desktop system until the last minute in 2020. Like it or not, it's going to have to happen eventually. Until then I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the whole privacy issue and let everybody else guinea-pig the thing.


I have no use for Windows on my Toughbooks yet.

_________________
CF-19 MK2 TOUCHSCREEN || CF-19 MK2 DIGITIZER || CF-30 MK3 "Jeff Edition" || CF-19 MK4


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm
Posts: 278
kode-niner wrote:
Personally I'm holding off on installing Lose 10 on my desktop system until the last minute in 2020. Like it or not, it's going to have to happen eventually. Until then I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the whole privacy issue and let everybody else guinea-pig the thing.


I have no use for Windows on my Toughbooks yet.

I really need to ditch Win7 but yeah things like ForScan and Volvo VIDA won't work on Linux.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 am
Posts: 655
Location: Canada
User32 wrote:
kode-niner wrote:
Personally I'm holding off on installing Lose 10 on my desktop system until the last minute in 2020. Like it or not, it's going to have to happen eventually. Until then I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the whole privacy issue and let everybody else guinea-pig the thing.


I have no use for Windows on my Toughbooks yet.

I really need to ditch Win7 but yeah things like ForScan and Volvo VIDA won't work on Linux.


Since VIDA and ForScan have no problems with Win7, I suppose you have other reasons for wanting to ditch it? I do side jobs at a Volvo dealership around here and they seem to be resisting the upgrades as well but not for privacy reasons.

_________________
CF-19 MK2 TOUCHSCREEN || CF-19 MK2 DIGITIZER || CF-30 MK3 "Jeff Edition" || CF-19 MK4


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Upgrading to Win 10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:24 pm
Posts: 278
kode-niner wrote:
User32 wrote:
kode-niner wrote:
Personally I'm holding off on installing Lose 10 on my desktop system until the last minute in 2020. Like it or not, it's going to have to happen eventually. Until then I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the whole privacy issue and let everybody else guinea-pig the thing.


I have no use for Windows on my Toughbooks yet.

I really need to ditch Win7 but yeah things like ForScan and Volvo VIDA won't work on Linux.


Since VIDA and ForScan have no problems with Win7, I suppose you have other reasons for wanting to ditch it? I do side jobs at a Volvo dealership around here and they seem to be resisting the upgrades as well but not for privacy reasons.

Windows telemetry is one reason, plus that some things just work better on Win7. (ALS, touchscreen, WiDi)

Cool, any fav Volvos? I really, really like the 850 T5-R, apparently Regular Car Reviews reviewed a manual swapped 850 R, and also a S60R:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXo3WckpasU


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited