Toughbook CF-30 Gobi 1000 for use in UK networks

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
scotguy

Toughbook CF-30 Gobi 1000 for use in UK networks

#1 Post by scotguy »

Hi Guys
Looking to finally solve this problem for UK/European users so future toughbook owners can benefit.
As some know I have a CF-30 MK 3 with a gobi 1000 card installed as standard however im am still struggling to get it to work in the UK and have tried with the AT&T carrier, so i have sourced 3 out of the 4 networks sim cards that are available in UK and none work properly, the EE sim is (Orange,T mobile) worked for about 3 mins and then dropped out, The 3uk network card done the same and the Vodafone wouldn't connect at all? and if you look at my attached pictures they include the error messages. didn't try the 4th UK network o2 as i couldn't source a sim in time.

I am at a stage now on thinking its locked?? I have under the very kind direction of Shawn and others loaded on the recent panasonic CSA and installed the AT&T carrier software and the results are above, I also tried the Sprint and the Verizon software but they just kept crashing my laptop.

So please someone can anybody help in this? is there anybody even in the UK that has this running can help or is my card locked have noticed on e-bay Chinese ones marked as unlocked.. how do you unlock them?
Attachments
3 UK sim.jpg
3 UK sim.jpg (133.12 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
Vodafone UK sim.jpg
Vodafone UK sim.jpg (123.32 KiB) Viewed 8847 times
EE UK sim.jpg
EE UK sim.jpg (129.8 KiB) Viewed 8847 times

kode-niner

Re: Toughbook CF-30 Gobi 1000 for use in UK networks

#2 Post by kode-niner »

if you're using AT&T connection software, it's probably using AT&T's APN, which obviously doesn't work. You have to have the capacity to manually edit the APN . Orange also uses a APN username and password. If AT&T software doesn't permit you to change these values, you need to use a more generic Sierra wireless manager.

Quick googling for Orange UK APN reveals this info:
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#3 Post by scotguy »

Hi thanks tried that before, made up there own profiles for each network that includes the APN name,user name and password and still nothing :pat:
Orange is no longer in UK as they have merged with T-Mobile and called EE. they use the same frequency spectrum.good try thanks mate.

kode-niner

#4 Post by kode-niner »

Which image did you flash your Gobi with the CSA? I haven't been able to find a CSA with image 5 or 6 (generic UMTS Europe and North America, respectively). I'd love to get my hands on those.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#5 Post by scotguy »

Sorry what do you mean by IMAGE and FLASH sorry not a expert is that??

CSA 2-00-1100-01-0193
VERS-4.0.100.1124

kode-niner

#6 Post by kode-niner »

CSA stands for Carrier Selector Application. You run it, select the carrier in the list and it flashes your Gobi with the appropriate firmware image to allow it to be used with a particular carrier. The CSA apps I have found either do not recognize my Gobi 1000 or have only 4 carriers in the United States available. There are a total of 10 images that the Gobi can accept for various carriers around the world, including two generic images that basically allows it to use any other carrier not on the list.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#7 Post by scotguy »

Basically we are looking for a CSA with the images that cover Europe? im off work tomorrow so is there anything i can search for? got loads of time.

kode-niner

#8 Post by kode-niner »

Did you run your CSA yet? Just installing it does absolutely nothing.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#9 Post by scotguy »

Sorry think you got the wrong end of the stick, ran the CSA last week and loaded it all on picked the gobi 1000 pack downloaded that and then ran the carrier selection application and you get to pick,at&t verizon or sprint,i picked at&t and still couldn't connect.

scotguy

#10 Post by scotguy »

Hang on think ive got it went into the csa pack and found a a file called set firm look at this :pbjt:
Attachments
set firm in csa pack.jpg
set firm in csa pack.jpg (205.08 KiB) Viewed 8834 times

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”