Toughbook CF-30 Gobi 1000 for use in UK networks

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
scotguy

Re: Toughbook CF-30 Gobi 1000 for use in UK networks

#11 Post by scotguy »

Will try the sim cards tomorrow as I have no mobile coverage at my house to test but this could certainly make a difference.

Have just tried changing it to UMTS EU GENERIC/UMTS and it accepts it however the AT&T Software wont work it just keeps connecting and disconnecting the modem/adapter in the device manager, I would think I would need some other connection manager to connect to the EU GENERIC firmware,

Every time I load on the AT&T software it loads on North America UMTS firmware however when its set to this I can get a signal on all uk carriers and it does connect but only for about 2 mins and it disconnects.

Also tried changing the firmware to the following-
1.T-MOBILE UMTS with my uk EE network sim wich is UK T-mobile and orange
2.Orange UMTS with my EE sim.
3.Vodafone UMTS with my Vodafone UK sim.

NOTHIN!! AGGRRRRRRRRR :pat: :pat:

kode-niner

#12 Post by kode-niner »

It should be clear to you that, in retrospect, loading AT&T firmware made no sense unless you were using AT&T. Ditto for using AT&T connection software. Search for OneClickInternet software which I think is the only connection manager that seemed to recognize my Gobi.

I've put my Gobi 1000 back in my second CF-19 out of curiosity since you tried setfirm.exe and it listed all the firmware images that the main CSA app couldn't.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#13 Post by scotguy »

Yes your right kinda though it wouldn't work with AT&T worth a try anyway tried oneclick and it just sits and does nothing it comes with a gobi 2000 file so i dont think it works for 1000, hear is the software

https://panasonic.ca/PCS/Software/OneCl ... 8_v1.9.zip

this is the link-http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... bi.582099/

this is panasonic CSA PDF that explains everything about gobi but doesnt mention EU countries. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/computer/oi/gobi_csa_oi.pdf

Looks like I am going to buy a unlocked MIFI and wifi to my laptop or just do a tether from my mobile might just have to give up on a sim working on a toughbook!pity as uk sellers are charging more to have the WWAN function and it doesn't work!!

kode-niner

#14 Post by kode-niner »

Getting a non-Gobi WWAN module would be much easier.

Personally I don't like Gobis. I just tried setfirm.exe on my Gobi 1000 and it just craps out. I have a Gobi 3000 that is also a pain in the ass. I'm about to try a Gobi 4000 because I'm a glutton for punishment. And don't get me started on trying to make these things work under Linux.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#15 Post by scotguy »

SORTED GOBI 1000 IN BIN!
Attachments
IMAG0522.000.jpg
IMAG0522.000.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 8248 times

Shawn

#16 Post by Shawn »

kode-niner wrote:Getting a non-Gobi WWAN module would be much easier.

Personally I don't like Gobis. I just tried setfirm.exe on my Gobi 1000 and it just craps out. I have a Gobi 3000 that is also a pain in the ass. I'm about to try a Gobi 4000 because I'm a glutton for punishment. And don't get me started on trying to make these things work under Linux.

I don't use a Gobi, but I have experimented for my own edification.
I agree completely. It sure seems that Gobi's are a giant PITA.
Life will beat you into submission.

scotguy

#17 Post by scotguy »

Bit of a shame with the MIFI its another device i have to carry and charge but need for work, will keep searching..... oh might have a look at this in the future think Shawn is mentioned in this thread will have to source one of these he doesnt mention if the device is unlocked but i expect so, see link.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... k1.777804/

scotguy

#18 Post by scotguy »

If anyone can contact keyzed from the thread below or any advice on the thread, would like to know the following-

1. Was the card unlocked.
2. Did he have CSA installed or was it from a clean install.
3 can it be installed without the GPS as i havent got it on my machine.will it run without it?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... k1.777804/

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”