Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Shawn

Re: Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

#31 Post by Shawn »

I've clipped the UK specific info from those linked threads. I think you need the Canada drivers linked at the bottom of this post.

The above comments are correct if you are in the US; if you are in Europe/Canada or other "unlocked" places then you only need the Gobi drivers and not the CSA.

I've read this and the advice is to install a CSA software, but that is not needed as i'm in the UK?

In which case there are differences between Europe and the US. In Europe:

CF-19mk1 had Novatel EU740
CF-19mk2 had Novatel EU870D
CF-19mk3 had Qualcomm Gobi 1000
CF-19mk4 will have Qualcomm Gobi 2000

In Europe there are no field upgrade kits, you stick with what you've got. But then over here, we don't have CDMA or EDGE networks, everything is GPRS or 3G (UMTS/HSDPA), so there's not as much need for upgrading.

https://panasonic.ca/PCS/Software/Tough ... L11M00.zip

https://panasonic.ca/PCS/Software/OneCl ... 8_v1.9.zip
Life will beat you into submission.

Shawn

#32 Post by Shawn »

kode-niner

#33 Post by kode-niner »

The problem is if the Gobi was previously flashed with AT&T firmware, you need a CSA application that can re-flash it with the generic UMTS (image 5) firmware. All this would be so much easier if the software and images weren't as hard to find as fur on a rattlesnake.
Daily drives a CF-31

Shawn

#34 Post by Shawn »

Jeff has Rattlesnakes.

What about those Canada packages I linked? I will look through my stuff for any saved files, but I avoid using Gobi as much as I avoid Rattlesnakes.

kode-niner

#35 Post by kode-niner »

I'll check those out. I might as well try to get this gobi 1000 working, even if I don't need it. Keep my options open.
Daily drives a CF-31

kode-niner

#36 Post by kode-niner »

Interesting. I have no clue what the TB Connection manager does. The GUI doesn't start. The One Click Install complains about my computer not being supported (CF-19), but finally runs after trying to activate a Gobi 2000 which obviously fails. However, going over the settings there is a Firmware tab allowing you to switch between Vodafone, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and Automatic(UMTS). The latter is what I presume would work if my module were a Gobi 2000.

I think I have a 2000 somewhere here in my WWAN bag-o'tricks.
Daily drives a CF-31

Shawn

#37 Post by Shawn »

Well from what I have read A CF30 mk3 SHOULD have a Gobi2000 not a Gobi 1000.

scotguy

#38 Post by scotguy »

Woops sorry when i took it out it took a bit of pulling dirt grit etc....also the SIM IMEI number on the card is the same ason the bottom of the laptop beside the windows sticker.

Anyway have looked at your recent stuff Shawn and downloaded the panasonic connecting manager and it says its not for this model of toughbook, also have been messing about with the AP settings and actually got it too work and download pages for about 3 mins and then it disconnects? re-connects and drops out again indicating a PPP Fault it also comes up with a
T- mobile signal if my uk3 network is not available- very strange?

Shawn

#39 Post by Shawn »

Well, you are making progress anyway.

scotguy

#40 Post by scotguy »

Thanks Shawn for that, still struggling going to get some other carriers sim card and give them a try as the carrier in using (3UK) Has slightly different frequencies in UK and these cards are a bit old now will be expensive but worth a try. loving this toughbook as the wife says "kid with a new toy" great for work I am outside in the scottish weather most days.
Cheers

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”