Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Shawn

Re: Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

#21 Post by Shawn »

Life will beat you into submission.

kode-niner

#22 Post by kode-niner »

I opened up my CF-19 that runs Windows and lo and behold, it has a UNDP-1 Gobi-1000 in it. The driver to use is attached to this message.

I got it to work by running the setup program, then manually selecting the Qualcom 9212 in the device manager by doing an Update Driver, Browse Computer, Let Me Pick From List. I stopped short of hunting for connection manager software or flashing firmware. Should get you one step closer, I suppose.
Attachments
3G_Qualcomm_Gobi-1_Wa_1.00.27.zip
(6.67 MiB) Downloaded 547 times
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#23 Post by scotguy »

Hi kode-niner thanks for that i need to be cautious i have already loaded on the panasonic drivers from CSA and that controls my card and its up and running and i get a signal on the AT&T connection manager my big problem is i cant connect to my local 3g network, my card is all fully working do you think this software will let me use my sim in uk? no offence but i did load on Sprint software and it nearly killed my laptop, will have a go, thanks much appreciated anymore ideas let me know, would like to get this sorted not just for me but for all my other european toughbook owners who want to upgrade to use 3g on there toughbooks.

kode-niner

#24 Post by kode-niner »

Good on you for being cautious! No, this software will not automagically allow you to use your local carriers. That's what the CSA (Carrier Selection Application) is for. If you ever manage to run the CSA app without it complaining about it not recognizing your WWAN card, you will be pretty damned close to completing your quest.

If I have a few minutes during my work day, which looks like 6 monitors over a fleet of servers with a high volume of emails and data to mentally parse, I'll let you know if my CF-19 MK2 can reflash my gobi and how I did it.

Chalk this one up to one of those "things" I started to do months ago but never followed through. :o
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#25 Post by scotguy »

Thanks mate i know im close thanks to Shawn he sent me the complete drivers for my laptop and CSA just glided on and everything worked, just this sim card bit and its cracked, thanks for your input will keep digging, tried to contact a guy who sells them on ebay in uk and he wouldn't tell me unless i bought a toughbook from him what a twat!
Cheers

kode-niner

#26 Post by kode-niner »

Why the heck would you purchase a SIM on eBay (unless you're into cloning shenanigans)? Wouldn't you go to your service provider for one of those?
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#27 Post by scotguy »

Sorry mate think you got me wrong i contacted a guy who sells toughbooks with the gobi 1000 installed in his toughbook machines and he wouldn't tell me or give me any info on how he gets them to work to sell them to people in the UK unless i bought it from him.

Shawn

#28 Post by Shawn »

Read the linked threads I posted. At least one was from a guy in the UK Doing the same as you, but on a CF19.
Life will beat you into submission.

scotguy

#29 Post by scotguy »

Hi thanks dont know much about AT commands and tried adding the initialisation string without connection manager in the properties of the modem but nothing happens, sorry very confused by this system i have wifi on my machine as normal and i take it there is another internal modem somewhere but when i switch on the wwan modem it sees it as well but the wwan modem has a 3g capability as well why have 2 wifi modems in the one machine i can see the 3g but 2 wifi modems? confused??
About to give up and use a express card modem but it sticks out the side and will get caught up in everything and isnt waterproof plus that means the bay for the dvd and express cards is wide open to the elements grrrrrrrrrrrrr

kode-niner

#30 Post by kode-niner »

I examined the CSA application by running selectcm.exe. It only supports Verizon, AT&T and Sprint and doesn't contain the 7 other gobi images you would need to truly unlock this module. I don't think you'll be getting anywhere with your current software package in Scotland. I'm not sure but I think some European board members have better luck with the EU860D WWAN module.
Daily drives a CF-31

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”