Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
Shawn

Re: Panasonic Toughbook newbie CF-30 Problems

#11 Post by Shawn »

Yes Windows 7 32 bit. Pro is fine.
Life will beat you into submission.

scotguy

#12 Post by scotguy »

Hi Shawn :pbjt:

Wonderful.. downloaded your drivers and then loaded on the CSA and all is good will need to get my UK APN settings for my SIM and will be ok plus touchscreen is better! and mouse pad quicker? still hot but will get new thermal pads, have now got a few other stuff including battery re-cal,Pc info thanks a lot matey :boing:

Shawn

#13 Post by Shawn »

happy to help.
Life will beat you into submission.

scotguy

#14 Post by scotguy »

Hi Sorry me again tried to get SIM to work "nothing" problem is Im in the UK and all these laptops are mostly all ex-USA or Canada and nobody seems to know how to get the SIMS to work any ideas or anybody from UK had problems, I have loaded on AT&T software and im getting a signal but no connection, loaded on the Sprint software and it totally killed my windows 7 and spent 2 hours getting it back anyway AT&T seems the best option but wont connect, used the usual AP settings in my case im with 3 UK and it just wont connect anybody have any ideas?

kode-niner

#15 Post by kode-niner »

Your Gobi 1000 is either carrier locked or it needs to be reflashed with the generic UMTS firmware package.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#16 Post by scotguy »

Hi Thanks how can i get it unlocked and where can i get the firmware for UMTS?

kode-niner

#17 Post by kode-niner »

I don't know how to unlock that specific WWAN module nor do I know if it's possible. That would take a bit of research, but it might not be locked and just need to be re-flashed. The Gobi 1000 should come with software that has 10 firmware packages for different carriers. I believe the 5th is EU Generic which you might want to try, and 6th is NA Generic which is what we would use on this side of the Atlantic. Among other carrier-specific images like AT&T and Verizon, it think it also has firmware for Vodafone and Orange if I remember correctly.

Now as to how to obtain this software, I hope someone more Windows-oriented could answer that one. The Panasonic software should have worked, but it might be possible to use software from other manufacturers for their version of the Gobi 1000 and make it work, like Lenovo or HP or something. I haven't done too much tinkering with Gobi modules because they are a real pain in the ass to deal with in Linux.
Daily drives a CF-31

scotguy

#18 Post by scotguy »

Ok thats a start, you mentioned panasonic software? is there a panasonic connection manager? i am using AT&T connection manager that comes with the panasonic CSA package?

scotguy

#20 Post by scotguy »

On the case now thanks

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”