CF-30 mk2 audio problem

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
LordLaptop

CF-30 mk2 audio problem

#1 Post by LordLaptop »

Hey all, I just received my CF-30 mk2 and followed the instructions on Toughwiki to install Windows 7 64-bit. I thought everything went smoothly, no ? or ! in Device Manager and everything seems to work, but for some reason I always get a loud popping sound from the speaker on bootup and shutdown. Also using the mute/un-mute hotkey produces the pop as well. As per the Wiki instructions, I have just the default Windows sound driver installed. I tried installing the Soundmax drivers that are posted for the mk 2 model but they always fail to install, I tried the reference drivers from Soundmax but still no go, something about the hardware not being supported. Any ideas? I normally wouldn't mind it since the audio does otherwise work well, but I can't imagine that loud popping sound being any good for the speakers long term.

My toughbook model is CF-30FASRXAM. Thanks for any advice!

teo

Re: CF-30 mk2 audio problem

#2 Post by teo »

Install/update the sound driver thru device manager. You know the drill how it it will be done?

teo

LordLaptop

Re: CF-30 mk2 audio problem

#3 Post by LordLaptop »

Ok just tried installing the drivers that way, it didn't work with the official cf-30 drivers or the soundmax reference drivers but on a whim tried it with lenovo's soundmax drivers (7ka216ww.exe) and it worked! Manually installed it successfully, shows up fine in Device Manager, sounds play beautifully and no more loud speaker pops! Thanks for the help!

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”