CF-30KCPAXAM - Top inch of TS very unresponsive

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
mklym

CF-30KCPAXAM - Top inch of TS very unresponsive

#1 Post by mklym »

I have to apply a lot of pressure on the stylus to get any response from the top inch of the TS. I removed the top cabinet and checked the ffc for seperation, all is fine and cable is properly seated. The rest of the TS work normal. TS does NOT have a screen protector installed on it.

Any ideas as to what the problem is will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Shawn

Re: CF-30KCPAXAM - Top inch of TS very unresponsive

#2 Post by Shawn »

The screen itself is probably separated.
Life will beat you into submission.

mklym

#3 Post by mklym »

Okay, if that is the case I need to replace the TS panel. Thanks for the reply Shawn.

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Strange for a MK3.

What Shawn said I think.

Or, could be the bottom edge needs cleaning....toothpick or folded screen protector piece.

Did you try the reset button? We talked aboot this, yes?
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

teo

#5 Post by teo »

I don't remember but is it the place where the ffc cable come out from the ts panel? I ask coz it is possible that the cable(FFC ribbon) where it meet between the circuit of the ts panel are starting to separate due to heat. It is different where it usually happen on CF-29 or CF-30MK1. The problem as I suspect is from the other side/end of the cable ribbon mentioned above. It will also cured by applying a mild heat(really mild so that not to burn the cable) while pressing the area at the same time.

teo

mklym

#6 Post by mklym »

Jeff, the calibration is good but I will try a reset and see if that makes a difference. I will check for particles along the bezel as well. Thanks.

Teo, the problem area is on the opposite side of the screen, right top side, from where the ffc comes out of the panel on the left side. I will take a look at that area and see what the panel-ffc looks like.

Thank you both for the replies. Will post results/finding later.

SHEEPMAN!

#7 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

What Teo says makes sense as always. It may be a circuit that is incomplete / dodgy....separation causing more resistance???? or some other electrical word. :D There are as you know four elements....I'm thinking it's time to brew up a cuppa and press the cup on the FPC elements between the layers. Melt adhesive not plastic. :D

If it works I have a 52GUN with a similar problem. 3 x's spot on, the lower left up and in 2 inches.
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

mklym

#8 Post by mklym »

Well, it seems to be a Mint problem. I swapped out the Mint ssd for the ssd with W7 on it and the TS works great. I will do re-calibration in Mint and see if the problem goes away or improves. Thanks for all the responses. :salute:

mklym

#9 Post by mklym »

I redid the calibration in Mint and there is no difference, top inch, mainly on left side, requires a lot of pressure on the stylus to get the cursor to move. I think I am going to try another distro of Linux and see if the problem is still there. Strange that the TS works perfect in W7 but has a problem in Mint.
I don't know if I will have time tonight to do the install as I have a CF-31 I am finishing off tonight so that it is ready for pick up tomorrow.

mklym

#10 Post by mklym »

Installed Zorin and setup the TS. The 'problem' is the same as with Mint. Swap in a caddy with W7 and the TS works proper.
So I will either live with the TS as is in Linux or make the MK3 a full time windows unit. Decisions, decisions.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”