sound

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
pvballard

sound

#1 Post by pvballard »

i was turning sound down a video was playing i had Fn key down and hitting the volume down button repeatedly and sound went clear off i have checked the mute and other places you can adjust sound still no luck any ideas. when you hover over speaker bottom right is says 100%

SHEEPMAN!

Re: sound

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

Oh yeah, I have ideas.
1. I type on a keyboard not a cell-phone.
2. I use periods and commas in my communications.
3. I respect the people I am asking enough to take the TIME to do #1 and 2.

Everyone is in a hurry these days. If you call me I shut the computer off and pay attention to what you are asking.

Questions:
1. What computer are you using?
2. What operating system? XP?W7?Linux? Or do you expect me to look around and guess?

The answer: You have muted the sound system.

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

Shawn

#3 Post by Shawn »

Jeff,,Jeff,,Jeff. :rofl:

You are starting to sound like....ME.... :boing: See my tongue in cheek rant on the dark side..

I copied this from the OP's other post.
model CF-30CTQAZBM ser. 7LKSB93790 it has windows 7
Life will beat you into submission.

SHEEPMAN!

#4 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

You know what Shawn...I am 65...disrespect...as in dust boiling over the house from speeders on the gravel road...may-haps has finally caused me to snap.

FWIW there is no Dark side...there is only here. I'm sorry I can not handle speed...talk or otherwise.

If anyone is bothered slow down and we will talk. OP (original poster) if this bothers you just remember it is a easy way to bump your thread.

J'd IIWIS

pvballard

#5 Post by pvballard »

thank you shawn. i was so mad last night when i posted that. as far as all that fancy punctuation stuff your not going to get it from me. but if you want a house built or machine repaired i am your man. actually i am taking some general education classes now before i get into ivy tech for networking. back to my problem i did a system restore and that did not help and if you use head phone there is still no sound.

Shawn

#6 Post by Shawn »

pvballard wrote:thank you shawn. i was so mad last night when i posted that. as far as all that fancy punctuation stuff your not going to get it from me. but if you want a house built or machine repaired i am your man. actually i am taking some general education classes now before i get into ivy tech for networking. back to my problem i did a system restore and that did not help and if you use head phone there is still no sound.

This is the last post I will make in this thread...

.I understand typing in anger, but there is an edit button. While I chuckled at Jeff's response, I agree with him 125%.
Many posters are too busy to use punctuation or separate sentences into basic paragraphs....The questions become almost impossible to understand much less respond to...I got a D in English class, yet I still understand periods and paragraphs.
Many of the technical experts here are 50 plus years old...Our knowledge and experience is worth something...We give it freely as long as the question is posted with a small amount of common courtesy and respect. The Toughbook forums are not like many other forums on the net. We like it this way.

.If people want intelligent answers from intelligent people then ask intelligent questions in an intelligent manner.

I VOLUNTEER answers,,and on MY terms. If someone can't be bothered to make their post readable then I won't be bothered to answer it. It's my ball and my backyard so to speak..I do my best to give a lot of leeway to people from faraway lands (Canadians :D ) whose native language is not English. But I personally expect a little more from people whose native tongue is English.

While anyone can type and post anyway they want.....It's a free country..
The old saying is still true.. "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"
Translated....The nicer someone asks the better answers they will get....

SHEEPMAN!

#7 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

If you are using Window7 there is a chance of a conflict with hkeyapp.

Do you get a flashy thing on the screen when you hit [Fn][F4] or F5 or F6?

If the answer is yes, then hkeyapp is loaded. The problem is several machines do not play well with it.

To disable hkeyapp [Menu]type "msconfig" (no quotes) and click msconfig.

Untick the box in startup tab that reads hotkey application. Save and re-boot. It has worked for others your mileage may vary. If it does not work for you ticking the box puts the machine back where it was.

All hkeyapps is, it's just the screen pop-up....to my knowledge it is not required for anything else.
Attachments
hkey.PNG
hkey.PNG (43.17 KiB) Viewed 10214 times

pvballard

#8 Post by pvballard »

No i do not get the pop up of the sound or brightness when [fn] [f4] or others are pushed. I seen those before but i am not sure when it quit. The only things i have on start-up is avast and glary utilities.

pvballard

#9 Post by pvballard »

i want to use the mirror image of the hard drive to try to fix the sound. When i tried i had to pick which operating system when i picked windows 7 it just started as normal.

Shawn

#10 Post by Shawn »

I don't have enough information.
I still don't know the FULL model number /mark number or any real details about the operating system..Did Win 7 ever work on it? Where did the mirror image come from?
I can not answer without information.

My solution at this point with the information I have.
Call Heartlands and buy the official recovery disk for whatever model and operating system you have.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”