CF-30MK2 Vista to W7 upgrade

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
UNCNDL1

Re: CF-30MK2 Vista to W7 upgrade

#11 Post by UNCNDL1 »

Too funny, my bad...yes Vista Business. My sticker on the bottom, the Vista COA is crossed out and says "do not use", and then there is a Windows 7 Professional sticker with key attached next to it. I must've had pro on my mind...at any rate, following your notes is similar to a MK2 CF-19 I upgraded awhile back from Vista Business to Windows 7....there were more steps to follow on that method, I like yours better Morgan...unfortunately I did NOT have the correct Windows 7 Upgrade disk, so it would NOT let me follow the upgrade method. I went ahead and did the custom, instead....this is on a small SSD "test" drive that is only 60 GB. I think the install must've moved a bunch of Vista things somewhere, as now the hard drive is got 35 GB of stuff on it...Good write up, thanks! :clapping:
Post script, just saw Shawn's note above, Heartland says they will only sell an original restore image of what their specs say when they look up your model number. Mine (not in front of me) told the nice Heartland rep, that I could have either XP or Vista, even though it is a MK3 Kxxxxxx...Looking forward to your PM, Thanks!
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

mklym

Re: CF-30MK2 Vista to W7 upgrade

#12 Post by mklym »

Thanks Cleve. Glad you got your unit sorted. I will PM you when I get home tonight.
CF-29LTQ,CF-31SBM,CF-52youngGUN,

Life's Journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn-out shouting 'Woo Hoo! What a ride!

Motorsports - the only real sport. If it doesn't have a motor, it is just a game.

There is always something waiting at the end of the road, if you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”