Hello everyone! just got a CF-30 mark 2 and it is impressive

Post all questions and information about the CF-30 in here.
ckrowi

Hello everyone! just got a CF-30 mark 2 and it is impressive

#1 Post by ckrowi »

I have been wanting one of these for a long time but finally price to savings ratio was right :)
I am still learning all about these, I have to admit that I am very surprised by the lack of coherent support from Panasonic and a little, no a lot upset by their refusal to provide drivers for windows 8 on a machine that is definitely fast enough to take advantage of the latest OS.

CF-30 MK2 , 250GB HD, 2GB , Touchscreen, W8 Pro (sort of working) , Bluetooth, GPS, Emissive Keyboard

SHEEPMAN!

Re: Hello everyone! just got a CF-30 mark 2 and it is impres

#2 Post by SHEEPMAN! »

As you may have discovered the place for support is right here. :) Welcome to the madhouse.

Just phrase a question on a particular subject and folks from around the world will do their best to help.

We have some scary smart individuals checking in here.

Present party excluded of course.

Again, welcome.

Jeff
Fair for you/ Fair for me.
I chose to NOT be organized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
http://toughbooktalk.com/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/panasonic/

ADOR

#3 Post by ADOR »

The Mk2 works better on windows 7 than the Mk1 so you are ahead already. Personally I didn't like what time I have spent helping a friend set up his windows 8, but willing to help if I can.
CF-28 MK2,Mk3 / CF-29 Mk3 / CF-30 MK2 / CF-25 Mk1 ATI / CF-19 MK3/Mk3/Mk5 / CF-U1 Mk1,Mk2 / CF-M34 Mk7/Mk3 / CF-17 Mk1 / CF-07
Voodoo Envy M355 / M360 / M515 / M780 / U703 / Voodoo Hexx / Voodoo Idol / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 / Voodoo Rage F1 "signed case" / Voodoo Omen
Alienware M11x R1, Alienware 17 R5

ckrowi

#4 Post by ckrowi »

ADOR wrote:Personally I didn't like what time I have spent helping a friend set up his windows 8, but willing to help if I can.
Thanks ADOR.
I got 64bit win8 running. I did an upgrade from windows XP. then I tried a clean install of win8 but had trouble with the Intel Dynamic Power Performance Management driver. I am next going to do a 32bit install cause the cf-30 will never have more than 4GB RAM anyways. I am planning on starting with a Vista restore, then an upgrade to Windows 8.

I have only a quick question or two. I don't need details, but some general pointers from someone who has succeeded would save me a few days of fiddling with drivers :)

Did you end up going with a 64bit or 32bit Windows 8 install?
Did you install Vista, then upgrade to Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 8?
or did you successfully go straight from Vista to Windows 8 bypassing the windows 7 installation?

Return to “CF-30 Talk (Discontinued Model)”