mini pc

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
Bill_TN

Re: mini pc

#11 Post by Bill_TN »

Why buy something? If your going to go with external keyboard and monitor, just remove the screen section from an old laptop you have laying around and figure out a way to up the cooling like atach the MB section to the under side of your desk and add a fan to blow across it. I've done same for pals in maint shops before. Think the best was an acer aspire one straped under the top inside the top drawer of tool box with monitor and keyboard sitting on top. Additional ventilation was a couple of squirl cage fans on backside of toolbox at drilled holes to blow into box and suck out. Was ultra small, fully functional, and let him watch videos ect as well as work.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

As long as the deal is good for you it is good for me.

Member of Toughbooktalk and Notebook Review forums

Bill_TN

#12 Post by Bill_TN »

used one like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Aspire-One ... 56765dd328 that was in the pile. and this monitor. http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Ultrasharp-1 ... B000J48B1M. because the monitor had usb connection potential so was able to allow easier peripheral additions, dvd ect thru monitor.
CF-29ET, CF-28ST, CF-30G , CF-M34, CF-19Ch, CF-19FH, CF-19CD, CF-73 mk1, CF-74K & H, CF-51RCB, CF-51RCL, CF-52CC .

Mxx20

#13 Post by Mxx20 »

Thanks for the idea but one of my service writers told me today he had a tower with no ram, hdd, WiFi in his car some I've gave him that he wanted gone. Another has a HDD they want gone, so just ram and WiFi and it'll be going. I have a monitor mounted on my top box on one of my boxes so that's all set, speaker hook up is there too. Bulkier than I wanted but it was the right price lol

Bill_TN

#14 Post by Bill_TN »

Ok then what ramm do you need? And what OS are you going to put on it? Need help with?

Mxx20

#15 Post by Mxx20 »

Bill_TN wrote:Ok then what ramm do you need? And what OS are you going to put on it? Need help with?

its ddr400 had to do some research on the motherboard, its an old unit but i think it will run what i need. ordered ram and wifi card from amazon for $24 lol. i dont want to put much into it not knowing what will come of it.

for a funny i got the old tower from my dad out of his basement...its got windows 98 on it...my dad didnt realize how old it was but i remember that thing being fast lol(128mb ram)

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”