WTS: CF-18 Mk2 (WITHDRAWN. Read last post why)

Post all queries to buy sell or trade Toughbooks in here.
WittgensteinSergeant

WTS: CF-18 Mk2 (WITHDRAWN. Read last post why)

#1 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

Touchscreen's dead in this one, and i'm strongly considering buying a CF-29 just because of the bigger keyboard, better support and faster CPU speed etc etc.

Or, if you got a CF-19 with missing parts: I might be able to consider a swap+some dosh added in.

CF-18DHB11GG

Special TBT users price: 90 euros!
Last edited by WittgensteinSergeant on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

kode-niner

Re: Possible WTS: CF-18 Mk2

#2 Post by kode-niner »

That 45 dollar touch screen replacement I posted in your other thread could breathe in some new life in the 'ole 18.
Daily drives a CF-31

WittgensteinSergeant

#3 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

kode-niner wrote:That 45 dollar touch screen replacement I posted in your other thread could breathe in some new life in the 'ole 18.
Shawn already offered me two CF-18s, i'm waiting on a price, and I think it's pretty hard to replace the TS.

UNCNDL1

#4 Post by UNCNDL1 »

Awesome, glad there are some alternatives. Touchscreen is very nice, especially when using navigation and other programs. Please let us know what you end up with. I know from what I read that the CF-30's have come down in price, as well as the CF-19's. The CF-18 digitizers are great, but if the price is right, a regular touchscreen works just fine. I would look for a low priced CF-30 or CF-19 if all else fails, as these can be upgraded with a SATA SSD which is too cool!. If you go the CF-18 route, keep your current 18 as you'll want an extra drive for trying different operating systems. Best regards,
Cleve
CF-53 MX-Linux 21 Wildflower
CF-30 MK2 SSD MX-21 Betsy, MK2 Navigatrix, Fundraiser for TbT
CF-52 GUN SSD MX-19
(NICE) Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M34 MicroWattR8 Thanks Sadlmkr
CF-M33 MicroWattR8 Thanks Springfield

WittgensteinSergeant

#5 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

Shawn's deal didn't go through as shipping costs were astronomical, and I could get a CF-19 for that money.. Considering a swap for one with missing parts, anyone?

Special TBT price: 90 euros! That's 30 less than I ask on Marktplaats.

WittgensteinSergeant

Re: WTS: CF-18 Mk2 (TS dead)

#6 Post by WittgensteinSergeant »

Reserved for someone on Marktplaats.

EDIT: Didn't go through, had a discussion with mom and she said I should hang on to it, in the end a CF-19 or 30 will cost more than it's worth fixing. (when buying one that hasn't got a caddy etc)

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade Trade Forum”